Author Topic: SSL certificate  (Read 2762 times)

Offline Gary Tayman

• View Profile
SSL certificate
« on: July 23, 2020, 09:13:50 PM »
Brand new to this.  I've just installed AbanteCart and am starting to set up.  I've printed out the "Going live checklist from the documentation.  Step 1 is install an SSL certificate.  Note:  your domain name with and without the www part to be two different websites.

Huh?  Sorry, but it isn't taking me long to get lost.  What do I need to do here?

Thanks in advance.

While I'm here, step 2 is payment processor.  I use Paypal.  Years ago I had set up the old site, and I sure don't remember how I did it but I recall it was just a few clicks.  Anything I should watch out for?

« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 10:55:26 AM by abantecart »

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: SSL ertificate
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2020, 11:07:08 PM »
What this means that your site set up with www.domain.com and domain.com would be treated and 2 separated sites. 
You need to redirect all the requests from domain.com to www.domain.com.
When you create SSL, make sure it is correct with www.domain.com and not just domain.com.
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Online llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2020, 12:10:12 AM »
Hey Gary,  your site already has an SSL  assigned to it.

https://gar****man.com/AbanteCart/

Your  URLs  start with HTTPS://   The  "S" is the indicator
and that is what the Padlock indicates on the address line.

Lee at
The WHY2 Support Team

Online llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2020, 12:14:04 AM »
As to your Payment processor,  since you're in the trying it out stage for how to organize your site etc,  I recommend you wait until you have decided if you're staying with AbanteCart for your new store front.

But it is simple to set up your PayPal,  and it is just a few fields.

While you're in the playing around mode -  just use COD  to test out the orders and emails, etc. 

Still Lee here.

Offline Gary Tayman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2020, 03:47:27 AM »
Once again, thank you very very much!

Yes, I thought that I already had it secured; maybe Softand lucious did this as I was installing it, but the two website thing had me scratching my head.  So step 1 is checked off.

If steps can be skipped, and gone back to later, agreed -- maybe I can skip Paypal for the moment.

But this guide is the closest thing to "Here's what you do next."

Just poking around in there, I'm understanding a lot of it, just getting used to where everything is, as it's far different from what I've been using.

It's almost as if you trade in your 1939 Hudson for a 2020 Cadillac.  Where's the choke?  I can't find the choke.  What's this seat belt indicator mean?  What's the screen for?

Something else you might enjoy.  AbanteCart is not the only program I was considering.  There were a few others I was looking at, and I sent e-mails to a couple of them just to ask about them.  AbanteCart is what I installed, based largely on the fact that I got my questions ansered quickly, and I'm definitely on my way.  Another one, a newer version of what I was using before, I just this minute got a reply:  "Don't ask me, go to the forum for support."  This, after having been to the forum and getting nowhere.  Support is everything; this reinforces my decision to go with AbanteCart.  Thanks!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 03:51:45 AM by Gary Tayman »