Author Topic: Special thanks  (Read 2032 times)

Offline Gary Tayman

• View Profile
Special thanks
« on: August 24, 2020, 09:33:47 PM »
I have run into a few hurdles getting things set up, and the folks here have gone above and beyond to help me get it all straightened out.

A long time ago I was in electronics school, and we built a simple volt-ohm meter.  But the meter itself was only part of the project.  We were each told to write a manual for it, showing how to make various measurements, how to manage accuracy, how to read the dial scale, etc.  We were required to not only build it and figure out how to use it, but become so familiar that we can write it all down to show to others.  I can still hear the instructor describe the meaning of it -- "Imagine you're selling this meter,  You send with it a paper that says, "Congratulations, you just bought the best meter in the world.  Good luck with it!"  No, it is nothing without the documentation and support.

In the world of computers, we're dealing with systems far more advanced than a simple meter.  And yet, in far too many cases, that simple "good luck with it!" is all too familiar.  Documentation and support are half the battle.  It has been a refreshing surprise to find it here.  Being an open source program I wasn't expecting it, but some folks have gone above and beyond to help me get set up.

Everything I've seen so far with AbanteCart has been first class.  Over the past few weeks I've become familiar with things, and very soon I'll be putting it to the ultimate test.  If I happen to run into another bug, I'm confident I can get the support I need.  This is such a huge contrast from my previous software!

Again, thank you, thank you, thank you!

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: Special thanks
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2020, 10:20:30 PM »
Thank for your feedback Gary,

Feel free to share your questions, thoughts or suggestions.
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help