Author Topic: About us, newsletter signup  (Read 2813 times)

Offline Gary Tayman

• View Profile
About us, newsletter signup
« on: August 22, 2020, 09:57:38 AM »
I've installed AbanteCart, and to be honest I've loved everything about it so far.  The documentation is great, the forum has been helpful, and I've been going through every inch of it to get things set up and am almost there.

In fact, there ate two things I need to tackle before loading up with products and going live.  One of course is to test it in sandbox mode, try it out and maje sure everything is cool.  But the other is configuring the main page.

On the bottom left is a block that says "About Us."  Right now it talks about AbanteCart, as obviously a sample.  I don't want it, how do I turn it off?  There is a place where I can do this, there's a switch where it's turned on, and I turn it off and save, but it still appears on the storefront.  O want to remove it.  Contact information is also there -- that's configured and is cool, ready to go.  But on the right is another one -- Newsletter Signup.  I won't be sending newsletters, I want this removed as well.  I cannot find anything at all regarding this one.  How do I remove it?

Thanks!

Offline Gary Tayman

• View Profile
Re: About us, newsletter signup
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2020, 12:02:12 PM »
Okay, this is getting serious.  I've gone into blocks layout, found both the About Us and the Newsletter Signup, and completely deleted both, then saved the page.  In the storefront, BOTH are STILL THERE!

HELP!  How do I remove them?

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2020, 12:59:40 PM »
Need to select  the PAGE you want to edit.   And Yes  you will need to do them ALL.

You can also Edit the about us,  to add your information.   

Offline Gary Tayman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2020, 07:56:32 PM »
Saved the day again -- Thank you!

I deleted these two items from my default page, but in a way it's good to know that they still exist in other pages, albeit disabled.  This would allow me to put them back if for some reason in the future I decide to do that.

I'm getting there!  I like that embed feature; I'll pass on it for now but later, when I can redesign the other pages, I may do just that -- will look quite professional!  There are some other good features I may incorporate.  Plus, my supplier send me a listing of all their products, with shipping weight and box sizes, so I should be rockin' and rollin' in style very soon -- looking forward to going live.

Thanks again!

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2020, 09:24:39 PM »
Two more tidbits of info ,  you only delete the block for the layout.   It still exists in the blocks.   You can click on the + on any of the sections on a template page  and the list of available blocks will appear for you to select.  See images for more detail

Seems you discovered you can simply disable the block as opposed to deleting. The only time we usually delete a block is if the section full and we want to add a different block.

Additionally you can make a custom html block.   
Some info here:
https://abantecart.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AD/pages/12419073/HTML+Block