Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Docker, Dedicated, how to configure via SSH/FTP/CLI ?  (Read 3080 times)

Offline Thunder_Beaver

• View Profile
    • Freak~A~Wear (WIP)
Docker, Dedicated, how to configure via SSH/FTP/CLI ?
« on: August 21, 2020, 02:43:26 AM »
I installed via Docker on my remote dedicated Ubuntu 18.04 server. The guide says the next step is to configure everything by going to localhost in the web browser. I cannot do this as the sever is miles away. How do I edit the configuration via SSH/Mosh, FTP (Filezilla), or command line / nano?

Offline maxter

• View Profile
Re: Docker, Dedicated, how to configure via SSH/FTP/CLI ?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2020, 08:47:33 AM »
First there is an abantecart docker ready https://hub.docker.com/r/abantecart/abantecart

See if this article helps you with the docker
https://stackify.com/docker-tutorial/

Offline Thunder_Beaver

• View Profile
    • Freak~A~Wear (WIP)
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2020, 12:52:04 AM »
Oh, I already got it installed. I'm just wondering how to configure it. Install was a breeze, already using Docker for other software on the server.

Specifically, without a GUI / remote desktop, how do I Access administrator panel: localhost:8880/index.php?rt=index/home&s=admin ?
---
# docker images
REPOSITORY                    TAG   
abantecart/abantecart         latest

It's there and according to hub.docker.com/r/abantecart/abantecart/dockerfile, /var/www/abantecart is supposed to exist yet it doesn't.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2020, 01:21:09 AM by Thunder_Beaver »

Offline dvagner

• Core/UI Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2020, 01:21:51 AM »
You can install nginx on dedicated server for proxy external connections to localhost

Offline Thunder_Beaver

• View Profile
    • Freak~A~Wear (WIP)
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2020, 03:38:38 PM »
I'm using nginx. FWIW, I tried using brow.sh to configure the settings via the docker+localhost web config install and.. I think I properly configured some things? Unsure as the site was barely readable. Either way, I'm trying to install now via the traditional method.

Database Error

Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.