Author Topic: No Shipping Options -- MAJOR letdown!  (Read 4785 times)

Offline Gary Tayman

• View Profile
No Shipping Options -- MAJOR letdown!
« on: August 22, 2020, 10:30:37 PM »
I have everything configured and ready to go, albeit only one product.  So I went to the store and tried ordering it.

Flat rate shipping $2.00.  That's it!  Where's UPS?  Where's USPS?

I checked into Shipping Options and flat rate was enabled.  I thought I had it DISabled, but whatever.  Disabled it.  Now there's no shipping at all!

I've already gone through setting up UPS -- to the letter, every step.  I've got the code, have it enabled.  I've set up USPS, followed instructions to the letter.  Got the code, everything is set up.

My one-and-only product is set to require shipping.  Weight os 3 pounds,.  Everything is cool there.

With the UPS and with the USPS Modules, I have both of them set for all zones.  I've tried with auto select on and with it off.  No difference, does not appear in either case.

This is a HUGE disappointment, as the reason I'm moving to AbanteCart in the first place is to get the shipping working.

So what is my next step? Give up and go back to the old store?  I'm completely stuck here!

Offline Gary Tayman

• View Profile
Re: No Shipping Options -- MAJOR letdown!
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2020, 12:24:20 PM »
Okay, I really do need help with getting shipping to work.  You have no idea how frustrating this is.  The main reason I installed AbanteCart is because you have shipping modules here, and -- never mind the particulars, I've been putting up with shipping crap for a decade now and I thought I finally got things going.  Am I the only person on the entire planet earth who can't get shipping to work?

I've had so much really good help so far, and I love the program setup so far, but when testing I find there's no shipping!  Should I just chuck everything and give up?  It's pretty bad when I set up both UPS and USPS and neither one work!

Anyway, let's start with USPS:  The module I'm using is USPS Default v 1.0.2.  Here's how it's configured:

GENERAL:

Debug Logging Status: Off

Icon:  (none)

Auto Select:  Off.  I've also tried it On, makes no difference.

Select to restrict payment:  Select some options.  The other available selections are Default COD and Default.pp.standard.

ADDITIONAL SETTINGS:

USER ID:

PASSWORD:

Both look something like g787f7gf.  I went to USPS and jumped through the hoops as instructed, and this is what they gave me.  I copied and pasted to the appropriate boxes.

ZIP Code:  92833  This is a separate place from my location; It is where the shipments will originate when drop shipped.

Domestic Services:  Priority Mail is on.  the others are off.

Option for free shipping:  first class.  My one-and-only product currently does not have free shipping.

International shipping:  Priority Mail International is selected, the others are off.

Option for free shipping of international parcels:  Express Mail International

Size:  Regular

Container:  Rectangular

Machinable:  Yes

Dimensions 12x12x8  Girth is blank

Display delivery time:  No

Display weight:  No

Tax Class:  None

Sort Order:  Blank..

Okay, what's wrong?

HELP!

« Last Edit: August 23, 2020, 12:26:11 PM by Gary Tayman »

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2020, 02:06:40 PM »
Are you inputting a postal code on the cart estimate block.   I have included a screen shot taken on your site about 1 PM ct today,  it has USPS showing.

I saw the same result last nite around midnite and thought you had solved your issue.

The estimate does NOT show up miraculously  -  it needs a shipping hint -  either the postal code in the estimate box,   or on the check out page it appear AFTER the guest gives a shipping address or the account holder is logged in,  and gives a shipping address.   The rate lookup  needs BOTH the orignation and the destination to calculate.

Offline Gary Tayman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2020, 02:42:13 PM »
THANKS!  It looks like I'm halfway there anyway, and maybe I'm not quite going crazy.

So we have USPS, but not UPS.

When I first tried this I entered my address and it still did not work.  I think the reason is that I had originally selected UPS for domestic, and USPS for international.  This is how my supplier ships.  I've since changed the settings so that both carriers can be selected regardless of location, so I guess this is why USPS has suddenly appeared.  Maybe in subsequent times I forgot to click estimate.

So, again, we're halfway there, which is a HUGE relief, but not completely there.  So now I need to troubleshoot UPS.

Thanks again for your help!  This is a lifesaver!  In a little while I'll go through the UPS settings to see if you can find anything.

Offline Gary Tayman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2020, 04:55:50 PM »
Okay, here's the data for UPS:

UPS Default v 1.0.1

GENERAL:

Icon:  blank

Auto Select:  Off

Select to recent payments:  Select some options

Run Order:  blank

Additional Settings:

Access Key:  copy & paste the jibberish code they sent me

Username:  There was some confusion here when I set up earlier.  My account name is Gary E. Tayman.  I have a User ID for signing in.  I tried both, makes no difference.  Is there yet another?  Nothing that I can find anywhere.

Password:  my usual sign-in password.  Again, no other option was shown to me.

Pickup Method:  Customer counter

Package Type:  PAckage

Customer classification code:  03

Shipping Origin code:  US origin

Origin City/ atate etc:  Fullerton California 92822 Un

Test mode off

Quote type residential

Services:  Selected UPS Ground and UPS Standard

Display delivery weight off

Weight lbs, pounds

Dimensions  12x12x8

Tax Class none

Location  All Zones

I'll wait for your comments first.  If we can't figure it out, I'll send an e-mail to UPS Support.

Thanks!

Offline Gary Tayman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2020, 06:10:24 PM »
Just as an addition, I just scoured the UPS page to look for ANYTHING related to username and password.

I also checked the status of my access code.  I got a chart that shows everything is "production" except for a couple of freight options which are "Test" mode.  I'm not shipping freight.  The rest looks good.

Going through instructions, I found a reference to where I need to log in with my USERNAME and password.  So I went to that page and clicked Log In.  Up came the login page, with my UPS Account number and the password I use to sign into UPS for everything else.  From this i can deduce that my username is my "User ID" which is my account number.

So I went back and put my User ID in the Username box.  Still doesn't work.  Obviously not getting very far.

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2020, 06:42:19 PM »
You will need to get an API key from UPS. Go to the Developer Kit at

https://www.ups.com/upsdeveloperkit?loc=en_US/

this is not your UPS account number.

The only reason you need to use your UPS account number is if you have negotiated rates for your account and you have indicated you are using a dropshipper -  you can leave that field blank.

Offline Gary Tayman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2020, 08:12:26 PM »
I don't understand.  What's anAPI key?  On that page are several API's, and a link to request an access key. I HAVE the access key.  UPS e-mailed it to me, I have the e-mail, there is no indication of any other key.

I honestly cannot understand why this is so tough to do.  I've scoured the forum, can't find anybody else who is having such issues, and yet I can't make this work to save my life!  Is there a super-secret code somewhere that I'm not being let in on?  Once again, the instructions said to get an access key, which I did and inserted.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2020, 08:17:25 PM by Gary Tayman »

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2020, 09:22:20 PM »
Gary,

PM me what you think UPS access code is.
Your username that you used for obtaining the the access code
and the Password for the same site.

And yes no one else is having your issues,  and there NO SECRET CODE.

The PM is on the left side panel. 

Offline Gary Tayman

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2020, 09:55:50 PM »
I PM'ed you already with exactly that.  Feel free to go into the site and see what you can find.  Thanks!

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2020, 11:17:18 PM »
I replied to you directly  in an email to your radio -  I wanted to verify the creds you had worked for UPS on one of our test sites.
I have verified they do.  Check your email for my screen shots etc.

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2020, 08:49:23 PM »
The problem has been resolved ,  the admin for the site used the wrong two-digit country code.
Input  Un  rather the the normal and required US
Once the correct country code was added,  everything worked immediately.

For others who may not know what the ISO codes are  here is a link to check
https://www.iban.com/country-codes

Offline Gary Tayman

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2020, 09:18:59 PM »
Yes, this was a bit weird because this was in there by default.  Whatever, it looks like I'm getting a lot closer to going live.

Thanks a million!

Offline Gary Tayman

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2020, 09:01:39 AM »
This thread just got revived because of some weird response, which apparently has been deleted.

As for going live, I've just done this.

This has been a rough ride, not because of AbanteCart but because of all sorts of external factors.  The OLD store has crashed entirely, and I've had customers frustrated because they can't order.  Meanwhile I've been hard at work trying to get the new store going, in my spare time which is at a premium because my workload has been all-time record.  Fortunately I can still go to the old store to copy and paste products, but it's still a LONG process!

I'm still not finished, but went live with the high hopes everything works.  I think we're fine.  There's still a LOT to do, but priority one is getting up and running.  I'm getting there but still have lots of questions, which i will be asking over time.

The VERY good news is that I've received outstanding support here, and the software itself is much easier to navigate and use -- this is BIG, when I need to get the job done.  Can't waste time trying to figure out how to do everything.  Many thanks!

Offline maxter

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2020, 08:11:36 AM »
Gary, You might have got a notification of the spam post and it was later deleted. I have seen that before.
Good luck with your store!