Author Topic: I think I found a bug - fast checkout  (Read 7016 times)

Offline user88

• View Profile
    • Visit my website
I think I found a bug - fast checkout
« on: August 29, 2020, 01:58:04 AM »
Hi,

As you may know, I have been tinkering with a fresh installation of AbanteCart 1.2.16.

After wrestling with Murphy for a few days... I finally got everything to work... even fast checkout...

BUT

Fast checkout works fine only when "Guest checkout" is ON. Once I turn "guest checkout" OFF and I run a test purchase, AbanteCart freezes when  clicking on the "checkout" button on the "shopping cart" page. It goes to the fast checkout page but nada, only the icon showing page is loading.

Worse, when this happens, it completely freezes my entire website. I can't access anything. No admin access, no blog software access... nothing related to my website that is in a sub directory.

Eventually the server stops whatever happens with AbanteCart and my websites become available again.

First time it happened I freaked out! Fortunately I decided to go ahead and do something else for a few hours. Upon return all was working again. Then I continued updating and migrating my store to the fresh installation, testing, smiling... all is working fine... UNTIL I decided to test "guest checkout" ... Now my websites are all down again.

One AbanteCart cart tab of my admin panel I left opened showed a gateway timeout error. see image

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: I think I found a bug - fast checkout
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2020, 05:54:31 AM »
Hello.
It is seems to be not a fast checkout issue at least your conditions works fine on our demo.
Do you have any CDN or some sort of "website fasteners" connected to your website, cloudflare for example?

Offline maxter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2020, 06:16:09 AM »
504 error with Gateway time out can be many things. The majority of problems can be on the server side and necessarily a bug in the code.

Does it happen one time in the same page/request or consistently?

Offline user88

• View Profile
    • Visit my website
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2020, 07:52:58 PM »
Hi,

I don't know about cdn's or "website fasteners".  I have contacted my hosting company to find out.

The first time it happened was when I turned "guest checkout" OFF while testing. Once the server recovered and I gained access to my store, I turned "guest checkout" ON. I tested and everything worked just fine.

Then I turned "guest checkout" OFF again and tested. Same problem. My entire website froze and would no longer load any pages except for my welcome page. Any programs like blogs, store, etc located in subdirectories were no longer accessible.

Waited a few hours, my site started working again. Turned "guest checkout" ON. Tested. All is fine.

I haven't done any more testing after this.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2020, 01:16:44 AM »
The situation you describe is looks like server related issue.
Check yourself or ask your hosting provider to check the server error logs at the time "website freeze" occur

Offline timlight10

• View Profile
    • Dedicated Presentation Solutions
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2021, 03:24:52 PM »
I am experiencing the same problem -- my entire site freezes. In addition, the checkout doesn't work. I get a blank page in return.

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2021, 04:35:19 PM »
are you perhaps using Paypal Express as a payment processor?

According to https://abantecart.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AD/pages/1529741323/Fast+checkout

PayPal Express payment is not compatible with Fast Checkout.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2021, 01:38:24 AM »
I am experiencing the same problem -- my entire site freezes. In addition, the checkout doesn't work. I get a blank page in return.

Hello. Please check for the last error in the AbanteCart and server error logs.
What payment and delivery methods you have enabled?

Offline timlight10

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2021, 10:42:46 AM »
Payment methods are:
  • PayPal (default_pp_standart)
  • Square (square)
  • Cheque/Money Order (default_cheque)

PayPal and Cheque/Money Order respond appropriately now that I have turned Guest Checkout ON as previous suggested. Square brings you back to the home page instead of processing the card.
In addition, for all payment types, coupon codes are not being applied to the order and the tax rate is not changing (for example I only charge tax in New York State, if customer is New Jersey there should be no tax, but tax is not removed).

I have had to turn off the Fast Check out extension because it is not reliable.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2021, 10:44:59 AM by timlight10 »

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2021, 02:21:34 AM »
Thank you, timlight10.

The Square payment is 3rd party you should contact the developer. We will check the problems you report.
Do you have any delivery methods? Does your tax location have the New York only rate? Screenshots with the Tax rates and location settings will be appreciated.

Offline timlight10

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2021, 09:05:48 AM »
Yes, delivery methods:
  • UPS (default_ups)
  • FedEx Integration (fedex_integration)

Attached is a screenshot of the checkout page. You'll see the NY sales tax is still applied, and although you can't see that I added a coupon code, there should be a 20% discount.

Now, I completed this test sale, and in the e-mail sent to the customer and the actual order processed by AbanteCart did not include tax and did apply the discount. It seems that only the cart displayed to the customer had the wrong information on it. While that's better than nothing, the customer is not going to be happy seeing the wrong information.

Also, is there a way to get the total in the cart to show without the tax for the little cart at the top-left corner of the screen? If I add a product that costs $175 to the cart with Fast Checkout OFF, the total will show as $175. If I have Fast Checkout ON the total will show as $189. The screenshot shows the same product added to the cart, once with Fast Checkout ON and the other with it  OFF.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 10:00:25 AM by timlight10 »

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2021, 12:35:29 AM »
The first time it happened was when I turned "guest checkout" OFF while testing. Once the server recovered and I gained access to my store, I turned "guest checkout" ON. I tested and everything worked just fine.
Hello. The issue is resolved in 1.3.0