Author Topic: I think I found another bug? Email Templates  (Read 3920 times)

Offline user88

• View Profile
    • Visit my website
I think I found another bug? Email Templates
« on: September 01, 2020, 08:09:00 PM »
Hi,

First, sorry if I'm posting these in the wrong place. Couldn't figure out where to post possible bugs.

I was updating the email templates and I noticed a very strange behavior. Maybe is just my installation?

Again, this is on a completely fresh install. All my data has been imported to it.

When I open an email template for editing the page loads up with the html body in html/text mode. The code looks just fine. See pic "email template 1"

When change html body mode to "visual" it tries to load an image which it can't load and shows a broken image logo. See pic "email template visual." This somehow brakes the html code of the message.

When I switch the html body back to html/text mode, the code is all changed and messed up. See pic "email template 2" This means the email formatting no longer works as designed and the client gets an "ugly" email.

They way I had to work around this was by making all my changes in html/text mode without ever switching to visual mode.

I don't do anything other than switch from html/text to visual and then back to html/text mode.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: I think I found another bug? Email Templates
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2020, 01:12:40 AM »
Hello.
Thank you for your report but it is a known issue with the visual editor. It works with the simple html tags but have issue with the complex. Issue is reported and we will improve in next version
https://github.com/abantecart/abantecart-src/issues/1410