Author Topic: Currency Calculation Issues  (Read 11702 times)

Offline HADY

• View Profile
Currency Calculation Issues
« on: September 10, 2020, 05:10:51 AM »
Hello!

Our website Currency based as USD, When my client choosing to order with any other currency the
 order summary section showing the Original Order Total something different and not same as in the bottom of the order in the total required payment . Client become confused when doesn't open the order details and just look at general order history.

I got next error logs:

2020-09-10 10:53:37 - warning: AbanteCart core v.1.2.16 simplexml_load_file(): /home/public_html/extensions/romanian_language/admin/language/romanian/romanian.xml:744: parser error : expected '&gt;' in <b>/home/public_html/core/engine/language.php</b> on line <b>570</b>
2020-09-10 10:53:37 - warning: AbanteCart core v.1.2.16 simplexml_load_file(): &lt;/definitions&gt; in <b>/home/public_html/core/engine/language.php</b> on line <b>570</b>
2020-09-10 10:53:37 - warning: AbanteCart core v.1.2.16 simplexml_load_file(): ^ in <b>/home/public_html/core/engine/language.php</b> on line <b>570</b>

What Shall I do to fix this issue please?

Thanks
« Last Edit: September 10, 2020, 05:31:54 AM by HADY »
Thank you In Advanced
Regards
HADY

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: Currency Calculation Issues
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2020, 09:18:52 PM »
I wonder if you did any modification in the order via admin after customer place original order? Admin modifications of of order in different currency can cause issues.
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline HADY

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2020, 03:21:21 AM »
I wonder if you did any modification in the order via admin after customer place original order? Admin modifications of of order in different currency can cause issues.

in the 1st step we stopped auto update currency because the USD prices are fixed to be for specific countries. The 2nd step, the other countries if they choose to pay in EUR currency there is a difference in the prices range and that's the problem. Each time client use to order and place his order with EUR currency, we should edit his order and place the correct prices on each item he did ordered.

Any suggestions please?

Best Regards
Thank you In Advanced
Regards
HADY

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2020, 12:21:23 PM »
I am unclear as to exactly where your issue is occurring.
Is it when a EUR order is originally used to place the order, client changes to EUR when prior to ordering?
Is it when an order is added to the cart in USD  and customer changes it to EUR prior to paying?
Is it when an order is already placed and the customer is reordering?

As AbanteCart indicated the timing of the currency change can affect the total pricing.  Also what cart version are you using,  some of the previous issues with this have been corrected in 1.2.16

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2020, 05:28:37 PM »
Based on the log, HADY is using v.1.2.16. There was a fix in this version related to the currency edit in admin.
I think we need more clear steps to reproduce this issue. Can you please write it with the sequence of the events and where the problem is starting to happen?

NOTE: When you edit order in the admin, you need to make sure that your admin is operating in the same currency as the order. There was a fix for this, but not very clear if this is the problem that you have.

Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline HADY

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2020, 03:50:23 AM »
I am unclear as to exactly where your issue is occurring.
Is it when a EUR order is originally used to place the order, client changes to EUR when prior to ordering?
Is it when an order is added to the cart in USD  and customer changes it to EUR prior to paying?
Is it when an order is already placed and the customer is reordering?

As AbanteCart indicated the timing of the currency change can affect the total pricing.  Also what cart version are you using,  some of the previous issues with this have been corrected in 1.2.16

1st of all, We sale fabrics and we modified the codes on different files and folders and on database to activate (cm) calculation and sales. We specified the sales to be started with the minimum of (100 meters)

Now...

Client when he wanna start put his items in the basket, go to currencies and choose the required currency then starting the shopping until placing his order and getting an order number. Now, The sales department should check the quantities with warehouse department and edit the order and write the exactly available quantities with the (cm)  if that required and save order. During this the issues which I talked about become seeable. When admin changing the order status to inform the client about the new order details, clients become confused because as I said they see differences  in the information from out side of the order and not satisfying the same from inside the order.

Thanks...

Thank you In Advanced
Regards
HADY

Offline HADY

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2020, 03:57:02 AM »

NOTE: When you edit order in the admin, you need to make sure that your admin is operating in the same currency as the order. There was a fix for this, but not very clear if this is the problem that you have.

Actually the Admin cannot change the currency and can only work with the placed order with the same currency which been chosen from client's side, Of course it will be perfect if the admin has the choice to change the currency to place another because some clients doing a mistake and forget to choose the required correct currency which they will use for doing the payment section.

Thanks...

Thank you In Advanced
Regards
HADY

Offline HADY

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2022, 02:24:56 AM »
Hello,

I use last AbanteCart v1.3.2

we still have this problem in the calculation section when the totals been checked they are not same as in the order it self and in the original order total, the screenshot showing this clearly. I cannot activate the auto update currency because it doesn't work correctly on my website.

How to find a solution for this issue please?

Thank you...
Thank you In Advanced
Regards
HADY

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2022, 03:44:47 AM »
Hello.
Did the order was placed with the store base currency?
Did the admin edit anything in the order before order status changes?
Do you have any extensions affecting price/quantities caluclations ?

Offline HADY

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2022, 04:05:44 AM »
Hello.
Did the order was placed with the store base currency?
Did the admin edit anything in the order before order status changes?
Do you have any extensions affecting price/quantities caluclations ?

Hi Sir,

1. On my website the currency base is EUR.

2. when the order been placed, on admin side sometimes we need to make some changes on the prices due to some reasons and one of them the currency exchange prices ranges.

3. in the screenshot i see the price showing in USD which makes a Question mark for this issue, if on website the base currency is EUR so why we see the price converted and showed in USD?

4. I think the calculation of (%) in the option of product is not working correctly and not calculating correctly too.

Is there anyway to remove the line of Original Order Total or to be fixed?

Thank you In Advanced
Regards
HADY

Offline HADY

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2022, 04:14:34 AM »
Here another example and in this case i didn't added any options in the order. I added the (tax 8%) manually on admin side and also has a problem in the calculation and numbers. This is could be seen in the screenshot too.
Thank you In Advanced
Regards
HADY

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2022, 05:38:36 AM »
1 cent rounding issue is possible when you have a lot of quantity and especially when the order is not in base currency.
When you edit order you can manually adjust price or add a new total "coupon" and arrange the required total

Offline HADY

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2022, 07:07:04 AM »
1 cent rounding issue is possible when you have a lot of quantity and especially when the order is not in base currency.
When you edit order you can manually adjust price or add a new total "coupon" and arrange the required total

Sir How is gonna be that? the coupon of TAX already calculated with 8% manually and written the last requested TAX money but after saving the order it giving mistakes in the numbers which appearing in the original order total and the order itself calculated numbers.  the Original Order Total is making a conflict not only for clients even for website owner too.

Can we just remove it (Original Order Total) from the order or not ?
Thank you In Advanced
Regards
HADY

Offline HADY

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2022, 03:10:29 AM »
Hello,

I still looking for help to fix this bug please. Clients has afraid from this issue when they see different numbers in the totals on their side. This is pushing them to calculate the order manually and this is taking time.

ALSO, I have a suggestion to add the currencies bases on admin side to show separately each currency's daily sales as also total sales and total yearly sales in the board in the next version, this will make accounting department deal with data more easier than just see the total daily sales, total sales and totals sales this year in according to website currency base.

Your feedback highly appreciated...

Thank you...
« Last Edit: January 20, 2022, 03:13:04 AM by HADY »
Thank you In Advanced
Regards
HADY

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2022, 03:15:37 AM »
Here another example and in this case i didn't added any options in the order. I added the (tax 8%) manually on admin side and also has a problem in the calculation and numbers. This is could be seen in the screenshot too.

If you add a new total and manually enter the value did you click Save the order or Recalculate button?