Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: PayPal Payments Pro  (Read 5367 times)

Offline KLuWolF

• View Profile
PayPal Payments Pro
« on: October 07, 2020, 06:21:05 PM »
PayPal Error: Security header is not valid. Please check your API Credentials and try again. Also please note that Test mode is ON!

This is the error I'm getting. I've read a lot of posts from many years ago but there didn't seem to be any definitive answer and it says to make sure that you have SHA256, which I have verified, it also says Verisign G5 certificate, which Paypal informs me was decommissioned in April this year, so I'm wondering if the Paypal Pro is out of date on this certificate. Also I'm in Canada and thinking that maybe the extension is requesting API calls from the US server and not the Canadian. I noticed in one PHP script from the extension it indicates paypal.com/us/...

I ran a test HTML script from a paypal forum and it works just fine.

Any suggestions?

I really like this cart and would like to make this work.

Paypal Standard gives me a process error that something is wrong ... and I get the same error as above for Paypal express.

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
  • web for all, all for web!
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
Re: PayPal Payments Pro
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2020, 04:43:23 AM »
PayPal Error: Security header is not valid. Please check your API Credentials and try again. Also please note that Test mode is ON!

This is the error I'm getting. I've read a lot of posts from many years ago but there didn't seem to be any definitive answer and it says to make sure that you have SHA256, which I have verified, it also says Verisign G5 certificate, which Paypal informs me was decommissioned in April this year, so I'm wondering if the Paypal Pro is out of date on this certificate. Also I'm in Canada and thinking that maybe the extension is requesting API calls from the US server and not the Canadian. I noticed in one PHP script from the extension it indicates paypal.com/us/...

I ran a test HTML script from a paypal forum and it works just fine.

Any suggestions?

I really like this cart and would like to make this work.

Paypal Standard gives me a process error that something is wrong ... and I get the same error as above for Paypal express.

Hi.
This error is clear.
You try to use wrong credentials.

Btw,  in this case error and debug info goes to error log. Is it there?

Fyi

Code: [Select]
   if (!$cfg['default_pp_pro_test']) {
            $api_endpoint = 'https://api-3t.paypal.com/nvp';
        } else {
            $api_endpoint = 'https://api-3t.sandbox.paypal.com/nvp';
        }
“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.”
― Charles Dickens

Offline KLuWolF

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2020, 11:07:15 PM »
Thanks for the help, I found the error.log file which led me to the php script, from there I could see how it loaded the form, discovered that I had the currency code wrong for paypal, it is CAD for Canada  :)
 Not sure if this is new but I was unable to find any API credentials for "sandbox" mode in my paypal account, just a switch that activates "test mode", so I left that on (for now) and turned off the cart settings that are for "sandbox" testing. Then it all came together and started working after I also discovered a missing 'period' at the end of my key, lol. Who puts a period at the end of a long key, omg, SO hard to miss, hah. I have not confirmed the operation of the "test mode" switch on the paypal side taking the place of 2 sets of API credentials? Cheers!

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2020, 01:06:29 AM »