Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Logo sizes  (Read 6076 times)

Offline Gary Tayman

• View Profile
Logo sizes
« on: November 16, 2020, 09:38:13 PM »
The big day has arrived!

I've been spending the past several weeks getting AbanteCart installed and configured, have received LOTS of fantastic help along the way, and have been loading in all the products.  Last night I finished -- ready to rock 'n roll!

Today I got my first order.  Everything appears to be working great, with one big exception.  I got an e-mail notifying me of the order, and it's difficult to read and impossible to print because my store logo is HUGE!  I obviously need to cut it down to size.

Now the big question:  is there a place within AbanteCart where I can resize the logo in the e-mail?  This same logo in other places looks fine, just the e-mail.  Also, I don't know if the customer got the same whopper-size logo as well.  Should I go somewhere and resize this, or do I need to cut it, go to Photoshop and cu the size, and reinstall it?

In the same light, each product has the Custom Autosound logo displayed, but in this case it's tiny.  Again, what's the best way to resize?

Thanks!

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Logo sizes
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2020, 12:32:38 AM »
Hello.
Resize your image with any image editor there are plenty of them free on the internet.
Upload new logo in your settings page https://abantecart.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AD/pages/7110674/Appearance+Settings#Store-Logo

Online llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2020, 12:42:49 AM »
Congrats on the completion.

Here's some useful info on the logos
https://abantecart.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AD/pages/24543267/Change+Logo

your storefont logo is 2000px x 235 px  and is scaling ok in storefront. 
Recommend you resize to recommendations and reload.

You can change the edit the size of your brand ( Custom Autosound)  as well as your email logo
in  System > settings > appearance

More info here:
https://abantecart.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AD/pages/7110674/Appearance+Settings

Offline Gary Tayman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2020, 05:31:27 AM »
Thanks for your help, as always.

Now more questions:  how did you determine the logo is 2000x235?  Before posting this, I tried right-clicking the photo to try and determine its size and couldn't find it.  I did a CTL+C copy and pasted it into Photoshop, and it said it was only about 100 pixels or so.  I'll have to spend more time tinkering with it -- if it's indeed 200 pixels long I can certainly resize to less than a quarter of that.

But then, once the change is made, is there a way to view this, other than wait for the next order to come in?

Thanks!

Online llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2020, 12:23:27 PM »
using FireFox browser,  hover over any image -  right click,   find the view image info, click on it to get the details.

Chrome works differently.  Firefox is easiest for this.

See attached images for details.

Offline Gary Tayman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2020, 01:25:10 PM »
I right-clicked to save the image; it's 100x100.  Maybe that's a thumbnail of what was there, I don't know, but at least until I can understand what's going on I deleted it entirely.

Online llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2020, 03:07:44 PM »
Your current logo image is a gif.

Abantecart recommends format jpg but you can add .png logo or even svg html resource

I should have also told you to hover over your logo and select "view image info"  then you will see that looks like that second shot

Offline Gary Tayman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2020, 03:44:40 PM »
Thanks again; I found the original logo on my computer, I'll try to resize it and try and upload again.  Is there a way to view it, aside from waiting for another order?

Online llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2020, 06:03:18 PM »

Set your payment to COD,  only for the time it takes to place your order.
Make an order like a real customer,  you can use your same email.

then you will get the customer email,  and you will get your order notification email.

DO NOT FORGET to turn of COD.

Offline Gary Tayman

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2020, 06:39:12 PM »
Okay, here's what I did:

I went to the home page of AbanteCart and saved the logo to my pictures folder.  I then went into Photoshop and looked at it -- sure enough it's 2000 pixels long.  I also saw why it was a gif -- it has a transparent background.  That doesn't seem to matter however.  I resized it to 250x29 and used the new one for the e-mail logo.  We'll give it a try.

As for the brand logo, it is a jpg file that's 57x57.  Remember this is stuff I used in the old store, and had to do a bunch of resizing to make it work over there.  Anyway I found the original large logo and resized it to 300 width.  Then I went into brand list logo and changed the height and width to 300.  No change.  So I moved the brand list settings back to 56.  Any ideas on increasing the brand logo size as it appears in each product?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 07:08:24 PM by Gary Tayman »

Online llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2020, 08:05:01 PM »
Brand Icon List: The recommended is 900x45.    did you see this on
https://abantecart.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AD/pages/7110674/Appearance+Settings

did you change the sizing on the appearance page?  in   System > settings > appearance?  It is the grid setting for the product page. This also affects ALL grid images.

And clear your admin Cache and your browser cache after making changes  so you can see them.   AbanteCart has a great caching system so when making changes you need to force a cache update
« Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 01:44:01 AM by llegrand »

Offline Gary Tayman

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2020, 09:14:54 PM »
Yes I did see that, and scratched my head over it.  I changed it and no difference.  Where do I clear the admin cache?  I tried refreshing the browser pages and no chanfe.  Also, why 45?  If this is allowing it to scale bigger, shouldn't I be increasing the height as well?  I'll try changing it to 100 and see what happens.

Offline Gary Tayman

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2020, 08:15:49 PM »
So here is what I've learned:

The store logo used in the banner is scaled to fit.  The logo used in e-mails is not scaled and the 2000 pixel wide logo appears full size.  So I replaced it with a 250 pixel width version.

The Brand List height and width is indeed supposed to set the size of the manufacturer's logo.  The default is 56x56 but recommended is 900x45.  The logo I used was 57x57, but I found a large version and made a 300 width version.  Made no difference.  However I'm supposed to do a cache clear in Admin.  How do I do that?

The store is up and running, which is great, and it's light-years ahead of what I was using before.  The help has also been superb.  So right now I'm trying to do some finishing touches.  I have a few other things that I'll get to in other threads.

Online llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2020, 11:44:11 PM »
https://abantecart.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AD/pages/14483758/Cache   for your admin area

Cntl+F5 for your web browser to clear PC cache

I think  the 900 x 45  in the AbanteCart Manual is probably a typo -  and should be 90 x 45

I have several sites for the brand set to 114x 114 and they seem to work well. 

Offline Gary Tayman

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2020, 08:55:18 AM »
Thanks for the help, however I'm still not getting any response.

I've tried moving thr numbers all over the place, and clearing the cache each tiome, them going to the store and hitting DTL+_F5, can't get it to change from the tiny speck that it is.
I'm obviously missing something here.The image I loaded in is 300 pixels width.