Author Topic: PICKUP FROM STORE for selected items only.  (Read 2110 times)

Offline premiersports

• View Profile
PICKUP FROM STORE for selected items only.
« on: November 14, 2020, 09:52:07 AM »
Hi, I am having a problem and hoping someone could help me solve it. I want to be able to set certain items on my online store as a "pickup from store" item only. I have pick up from store and weight based shipping in operation, but i want to have certain products only available as pick up from store (glassware etc) I can't figure out how to do it, if i set it to does not require shipping then that product can appear with items that do require shipping and there is no way of stopping the customer checking out and paying a "shipping" based on other items in the cart. is there anyway to do it?

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: PICKUP FROM STORE for selected items only.
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2020, 03:28:44 PM »
There is no specific setting for pickup only option in the product. You might be able to work around it with "Requires Shipping - set to ON to allow shipping for product" option.
If this does not work, this can be done with customization.

This might be a good feature to have for other users, if you are willing to contribute, we can have it done for you and other future versions.
You can contribute with development and pull request to 1.2.17 branch, extension for the marketplace or monetary compensation for our team to do this.
PM if interested in more details.

If you are willing to code by yourself, we can give you some suggestions.
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline HADY

• View Profile
Re: PICKUP FROM STORE for selected items only.
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2020, 04:27:27 AM »
Hi, I am having a problem and hoping someone could help me solve it. I want to be able to set certain items on my online store as a "pickup from store" item only. I have pick up from store and weight based shipping in operation, but i want to have certain products only available as pick up from store (glassware etc) I can't figure out how to do it, if i set it to does not require shipping then that product can appear with items that do require shipping and there is no way of stopping the customer checking out and paying a "shipping" based on other items in the cart. is there anyway to do it?

Hi!

You can creat Global Attributes and choose them in the products options to be required to push client to make a choose. To creat these Global Attributes, go to admin panel and click on Catalog and scroll down and choose Global Attributes.
Thank you In Advanced
Regards
HADY