Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Detect country/geolocation  (Read 3351 times)

Offline squinn

• View Profile
Detect country/geolocation
« on: November 30, 2020, 07:04:44 PM »
I can't find anywhere this can be done. I have my store based in Australia, but I intend to have a domain for the US and the UK (.com and .co.uk respectively). As these will each have their own base currency, multistore doesn't suit (according to abantecart changing the base currency converts it in every store). So I would like each site to detect the geolocation of the user, and if they are not in that store's country, they will then have the choice to stay or go to the site that is dedicated to their own country, via a pop up with linked url.
Has anybody managed to do this, or is there an extension I've missed that is compatible with abantecart?
Thanks in advance.

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: Detect country/geolocation
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2020, 10:24:58 PM »
You can probably manage to do this with rewrite rule on your webserver. Add this portion "currency=USD" to your URL on initial request.

You might run into issue with AbanteCart configuration if you do not use multi-store. There is one domain per store and there will be warning if it is accessed with multiple domains.

I would suggest using multiple stores setting to avoid confusion you might have with customers, orders, etc.
You will still have one admin to manage even if you have multi-store configuration.
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help