Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Layouts- default/Bootstrap  (Read 3062 times)

Offline garyj

• View Profile
Layouts- default/Bootstrap
« on: September 27, 2023, 06:40:35 PM »
I have been working on this now for about a week!
I have deleted EVERYTHING and started over.... twice...  I am on my third try!
(first time it was because I trashed some of the files and it was easier to restart)

1)
I am finding myself going back and forth between the "default" and "bootstrap" layouts making the SAME changes to both and then all of a sudden the changes I have made are now undone....
Then in my web browser sometimes it will load the default page and sometimes the bootstrap.
Is there a way to force the use of bootstrap ONLY? So if you use a computer or a mobile it will work off the same page?
Or to just make changes to the Bootstrap layouts and have t make the same changes to the default files?

2)
Across the top of my dashboard and admin pages there is a bar accross the very top of the window.
The little bell comes on and there is a message pops up wanting to either sell me something, upgrade something(upgrade not update) or submit a review and rating. I have done a "rating" once but it keeps coming up over and over....
Is there a way to turn those notifications OFF?

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Layouts- default/Bootstrap
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2023, 01:08:34 AM »
Hello.
That sounds very strange. Did you use the standard Layouts in Design -> Layouts or the beta Page Builder extension? The latter is still in development and may have some bugs.

Offline garyj

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2023, 10:29:43 AM »
Im using the stock layouts that came with....

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2023, 01:38:24 AM »
Hello.
There should only be a single active template. When you go to the Design > Layouts page, your active theme should already be selected by default. Please verify whether you have multiple stores with the same URL (https://abantecart.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AD/pages/8028306/Multi-store).

Have you made any recent changes to your hosting?

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2023, 03:41:40 AM »
Hello Gary,

If I understand you correctly  -  you are bring up a new store and trying the two different templates.
You are correct you do need to configure each template as to how you want it to look. 

I wonder if part of your issue is being caused by the cache system -  there is one robust one in the cart -  and additionally  your PC  is setting cookies (which is a good thing for customers)  not always helpful when adding lots of new things, or developing a site..

Try clearing your PC cookies ,  You can do that by right clicking on the padlock in the URL field.  And yes you will find yourself doing it a lot if you are switching back and forth, and make lots of changes.

And you can clear the system cache within your Admin panel - 

Offline gulshannegi

• View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2023, 08:20:34 AM »
To focus on Bootstrap, update your HTML and CSS links, clear your browser cache, and edit Bootstrap files directly. Regarding the annoying notifications on the dashboard, check the settings there or in your browser to turn them off.
Life does not give second chance