Shopping Cart Operations > Support

Trouble updating email template after updating to 1.3.0

(1/1)

Dave:
I tried changing the storefront_order_confirm subject header to just plain text after updating our store to 1.3.0 and it comes back with:

--- Quote ---Forbidden
You don't have permission to access this resource.
Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
--- End quote ---
Looks to be a problem changing all templates.
Additionally, clicking on the HTML preview button gives a blank page with the same error.
This worked fine in the previous version.
To get around the problem, I edited the template in the database but I would like to do it from the admin interface. Any ideas?

abolabo:
Hi.
Your issue looks like a misconfiguretion of your web-server.
Abantecart have only one place where we use 403 https status code and it's not related to email templates management.

I guess you should to digg into apache webserver log to find a cause

or ask your hosting provider about that..

IMHO it's a file permission issue. Probably you should to check is webserver system user have access to all php files.
Also check permission of .htaccess file(s)

Dave:
Thank you Abolabo!
Update: I tried reinstalling Abantecart and I get the same error on a fresh install so I think you are right, there is a web configuration error.

Dave:
Update 2:
Apparently it was an issue with the ModSecurity module. After a bunch of trying to whitelist things, they just turned ModSecurity off. Not sure how I feel about that. Does it weaken my site?
Anyway, it is working now. Thanks for Abantecart!

Basara:
Thank you, Dave
ModSecurity is known to many false blocking.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version