Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Admin Quick Edit Product  (Read 4600 times)

Offline Nuno Neff

• View Profile
Admin Quick Edit Product
« on: April 23, 2021, 12:45:43 PM »
Hello guys, after i cloned my site to test if everything works out with abantecart 1.3 for me, i found out that admin quick edit products is not working, how can i fix this?  It should open another window where i can quickly edit the product like the one i attached.

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: Admin Quick Edit Product
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2021, 02:45:40 PM »
Hi Nuno,
I am not following your screenshots. Are you editing quantity? Do you have any errors in the log?
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline Nuno Neff

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2021, 02:54:08 PM »
Hi Basara, when you click on a product quantity it should open the quick edit, and it does not open nothing.

I dont have any errors related to that.

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2021, 03:00:43 PM »
I am not Basara.

Just tried on our demo and saving in the opening modal works fine. Note, if you have options for the product, you will not be able to edit quantities  on the main level.

If you expect ext field to become editable on the click, it is not how it suppose to work.
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline Nuno Neff

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2021, 03:11:21 PM »
Sorry i called you basara :) Yes i know that you cant edit quantities of products that have options, but its not working on normal products.

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2021, 06:50:51 AM »
What version of PHP do you have? Any errors in the log. Like I said before, it works for me.

Offline maxter

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2021, 08:29:24 AM »
Works for me as well.

Offline Nuno Neff

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2021, 09:04:26 AM »
It works for me when i do a fresh install, but if i upgrade to 1.3 it does not work, so my question is where is the modal code so i can copy it and paste it to my upgraded site to see if it works. Anybody ???
« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 04:16:14 AM by Nuno Neff »

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
  • web for all, all for web!
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2021, 01:41:52 PM »
It works for me when i do a fresh install, but if i upgrade to 1.3 it does not work, so my question is where is the modal code so i can copy it and paste it to my upgraded site to see if it works. Anybody ???

seems you have an JS erros in console. no?
“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.”
― Charles Dickens

Offline Nuno Neff

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2021, 12:20:53 PM »
After hours and hours lost I discovered that what was bugging the modal function of my abantecart is the Group Change Category of Product extension.
I started by deactivating the extensions one by one and nothing later I started by uninstalling one by one and when I uninstalled that extension "MAGIC" the modal function was working. Now i will report to the extension developer to see if he solves this bug which is very annoying.

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2021, 01:55:38 PM »
I wonder if you followed my recommendation for updating a cart version?

It is ALWAYS best to check all third party extensions for versions that state they work on the cart version you are updating to.

https://forum.abantecart.com/index.php/topic,8997.msg35647.html#msg35647

Offline Nuno Neff

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2021, 03:47:13 PM »
llegrand the extension does the same thing to Abantecart version 1.2.16, i told dvagner that his extension was not working well and he never showed himself available to see what the problem was, he asked me once if i had errors in the log and i told him no but that the extension had a problem because when it was on i could not edit or delete a product or a customer or a category.

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2021, 06:12:58 PM »
oh  that is disappointing,  most devs with the MarketPlace are responsive to issues.

But a bit curious,  if it didn't work in 1.2.16 and there a lot of changes in 1.3.0,  interesting that you didn't think to turn it off to see if it was still an issue.  But hindsight  is always "smarter" than when one is in the battle. 

Cheers nuno,
least you know to not use it currently.

Offline Nuno Neff

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2021, 07:25:06 AM »
Let me explain, dvagner's extension works, I can change products from one category to another, but after doing that, I have to go to the extensions and disable the extension, if I don't do it on Abantecart I can't edit, delete, any product or customer or category. When I deactivate the extension im able to edit or delete things, but the quick edit modal function didn't work, I never thought it was from the extension and so I tested it, installed a new Abantecart and compared files from the new installation with Abantecart 1.2.16 with a program called beyond and compare and found nothing that caught my eye. If in a new installation it worked well it had to be something that I installed afterwards so I removed extension by extension and found that it was his extension that was in conflict with Abantecart, but this was in both 1.2.16 and the new version it doesnt let no delete or edit and modal function doesnt work. And what makes me upset is the devs sell extensions and say that it worked in version 1.2.16 and for more than once sent him a message to tell him that something was not right and he never solved anything.

Offline dvagner

• Core/UI Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2021, 02:35:27 AM »
Hello, the problem is that the extension replaces templates that I have not updated with the release of new versions abantecart.
Now, unfortunately, I don't have time to fix it.
As there is an opportunity, I will try to fix it.