Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Banner slider  (Read 21751 times)

Offline boogienites

• View Profile
Banner slider
« on: July 19, 2013, 06:58:34 AM »
Hi guys  :)

Have recently installed abantecart and am slowly trying to master it lol

but am stuck on how to change/ammend default slider banner?  :'(

where do i upload banner pictures to? and what is the ideal pixel size to upload?

cheers

boogienitesfancydress.co.uk

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: Banner slider
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 09:07:33 AM »
You can to edit banner slider and settings in 2 places:

Design -> Banner Manager (locate and edit all Main Banners)
Banners are in HTML, so you can edit text and image
You can use any image size that fits your requirements. Current sizes are 600x300

Design -> Blocks -> Main Page Banner Slider.
Here you can control sequence of banners and add/remove them   
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline techsat24

• View Profile
    • Techsat24.pl - internetowy sklep komputerowy
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2013, 04:43:00 PM »
Can I use my banners in format 700 x 220 px forslider ?

Offline boogienites

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2013, 06:08:40 PM »
Hi, ive tried that before and it just keeps showing as a thumbnail size image, even after i delete the 57 x 57 default size that gets added when i upload the picture.
It also has white area around the picture and when i insert pixel size to increase image size on the page, as well as distorting the picture, i still have white block above and below image :-(

Offline bubblegumweb

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2013, 05:52:53 AM »
Hello,

I mastered my banner slider images after many attempts. I don't think admin allow web addresses to be added in these messages as I could show you my example, so I will say just type into google bubblegum-web and you should be able to see my changes I have done to mine

Regards

gordontaylor

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2014, 09:06:49 PM »
I've build hundreds of websites, so editing the banners was a snap. The key is knowing HTML and how to embed images. The are a simple text/image script with CSS classes for the animation. Look up a quick tutorial on HTML or get someone at eLance or one of those site to do it for you.

It took me about one hour to change mine and I did it on the very first day....BUT that is because I am very familiar with HTML.

Offline mirsultankhan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2014, 10:41:58 AM »
Hello,

I mastered my banner slider images after many attempts. I don't think admin allow web addresses to be added in these messages as I could show you my example, so I will say just type into google bubblegum-web and you should be able to see my changes I have done to mine

Regards

I am also having this problem and I am very adept with graphic manipulation programs such as Gimp.  It seems that you are probably best simply editing the HTML rather than treating it as a pure graphic.  Intuitively we are inclined to upload graphics images to a repository and then simply link to them, but as you acknowledge when one does this in the HTML box, the graphic is automatically sized to a thumbnail image and if you try to stretch it, it becomes distorted.  Its really quite frustrating to be honest and rather a let down on what would otherwise be an awesome resource for e-commerce.  I am severely tempted simply to get a wordpress template.

Offline mirsultankhan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2014, 01:21:16 PM »
Hi guys  :)

Have recently installed abantecart and am slowly trying to master it lol

but am stuck on how to change/ammend default slider banner?  :'(

where do i upload banner pictures to? and what is the ideal pixel size to upload?

cheers

boogienitesfancydress.co.uk

ok i sussed it, its easy, you need to upload your graphic files to your server, use the cpanel or an ftp program.  I used the cpanel, its was real easy, I simply found the directory that the original banner images were in, for me it was

public_html/storefront/view/default_html5/image

and uploaded my modified images there (I used used Gimp to modify them) the size was 600x300 pixels

then you simply go to the banner management tool and in the HTML box, change the path to your new file, so, for example say your original path was

src="storefront/view/default_html5/image/banner_image_2.png"

and say you named your new modified graphic, 'banner_image_2_new.png' (now uploaded to your server)

all you do is change the path to reflect the change, so you will have,

src="storefront/view/default_html5/image/banner_image_2_new.png"

and its modified to reflect that change, but you gotta upload the modified graphic files first to your server, using the file manager in the cpanel was the easiest way i found to do it.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 01:27:25 PM by mirsultankhan »

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2014, 03:13:06 AM »
Short video about How to edit Banner Slider