Shopping Cart Operations > Extension Support

UPS shipping problem

(1/4) > >>

Gary Tayman:
Hopefully I can get some help here.  When I first set up AbanteCart I had loads of questions, and the help I got here was beyond superb!

Overall it has been running well, but now I've got an issue:

First off, my store in not my mainstream business.  I've been working 18-hour days which is great but wears you out, and I only get occasional orders from the store.  In other words you can call me a newbie, because I don't use it enough to be really proficient.

A short time ago I began getting orders, all of them asking to ship USPS, which I thought was strange because UPS is better for most of these orders.  Then my supplier chimed in and asked why all my orders were USPS.  So I disabled the USPS extension.

Today I think I found out why.  I got an e-mail from a customer who is trying to place an order but it gets blocked when he selects shipping.  His only option is UPS and it doesn't accept it.

I can tell you this much -- I don't use my UPS account much anymore, as I use Shipstation for all my stuff from the shop.  However, just last week I indeed used my UPS account, so it's certainly active.

Sp -- any ideas why AbanteCart orders are being rejected by UPS?  Where can I begin troubleshooting?

Thanks in advance.

Basara:
Hello.
Enable UPS and try to place an order. Next please check for errors in your AbanteCart error log

Gary Tayman:
Wow -- I checked the error log, it is LOADED with "UPS curl error."

No further details except for times and dates.

So what's the next step?  Where do I begin troubleshooting?

Gary Tayman:
I looked through the page with my UPS parameters.  Everything looks in order as far as I can tell.  I noticed there is a switch for Test Mode.  What happens if I turn it on?  Is there some sort of troubleshooting test I can run?

Gary Tayman:
I went to the UPS site, copied and pasted my access key to their site to see what it says.  It got right in, and there's a chart that lists various tasks.  I have Test selected for freight pickup, rating, and shipping -- nothing is shipped freight -- everything else is listed as Production.

Everything in the Abantecart setup looks fine to me, although in the General settings Auto Select is Off, and just below it, Select To Restrict Payments is Select Some Options.  Anything here?

What's the next step?  Should I try to get another Access Key and see what it does?  Is there a test I can run somewhere to verify that Abantecart and UPS are working together?  Should I try to call UPS and see if they can help me in any way?

I'm stuck, waiting for an answer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version