Author Topic: UPS shipping problem  (Read 6757 times)

Offline Gary Tayman

• View Profile
UPS shipping problem
« on: May 04, 2021, 08:51:57 PM »
Hopefully I can get some help here.  When I first set up AbanteCart I had loads of questions, and the help I got here was beyond superb!

Overall it has been running well, but now I've got an issue:

First off, my store in not my mainstream business.  I've been working 18-hour days which is great but wears you out, and I only get occasional orders from the store.  In other words you can call me a newbie, because I don't use it enough to be really proficient.

A short time ago I began getting orders, all of them asking to ship USPS, which I thought was strange because UPS is better for most of these orders.  Then my supplier chimed in and asked why all my orders were USPS.  So I disabled the USPS extension.

Today I think I found out why.  I got an e-mail from a customer who is trying to place an order but it gets blocked when he selects shipping.  His only option is UPS and it doesn't accept it.

I can tell you this much -- I don't use my UPS account much anymore, as I use Shipstation for all my stuff from the shop.  However, just last week I indeed used my UPS account, so it's certainly active.

Sp -- any ideas why AbanteCart orders are being rejected by UPS?  Where can I begin troubleshooting?

Thanks in advance.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: UPS shipping problem
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2021, 02:43:27 AM »
Hello.
Enable UPS and try to place an order. Next please check for errors in your AbanteCart error log

Offline Gary Tayman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2021, 09:48:49 PM »
Wow -- I checked the error log, it is LOADED with "UPS curl error."

No further details except for times and dates.

So what's the next step?  Where do I begin troubleshooting?

Offline Gary Tayman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2021, 09:55:50 PM »
I looked through the page with my UPS parameters.  Everything looks in order as far as I can tell.  I noticed there is a switch for Test Mode.  What happens if I turn it on?  Is there some sort of troubleshooting test I can run?

Offline Gary Tayman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2021, 09:03:13 AM »
I went to the UPS site, copied and pasted my access key to their site to see what it says.  It got right in, and there's a chart that lists various tasks.  I have Test selected for freight pickup, rating, and shipping -- nothing is shipped freight -- everything else is listed as Production.

Everything in the Abantecart setup looks fine to me, although in the General settings Auto Select is Off, and just below it, Select To Restrict Payments is Select Some Options.  Anything here?

What's the next step?  Should I try to get another Access Key and see what it does?  Is there a test I can run somewhere to verify that Abantecart and UPS are working together?  Should I try to call UPS and see if they can help me in any way?

I'm stuck, waiting for an answer.

Offline Gary Tayman

• View Profile
Can't ship UPS
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2021, 12:11:49 PM »
I had started a thread in the Extensions section but can't get a response.  If anyone can help please forward me to it.

I had set up AbenteCart a few months ago, with GREAT help here, and overall it has been working smoothly -- or so I thought.

Lately I've noticed some orders coming in, and customers are always selecting USPS which is a bit strange -- until someone called me and said he tried using UPS and it locks up at checkout.  I went to my error log, it's loaded with "UPS Curl Error."  Lots of them.  No specifics beyond that, just error.

I've checked my settings and can't find a problem.  I've contacted UPS, who said my user ID and Access Key are working fine and that he would need to see the API code to see why it doesn't work.  He said it is apparently something within AbanteCart, or my settings anyway, that's the problem.

Where do I go next?  What can we do?  To be honest, I can't tell you if UPS was working and then quit, or if UPS never worked to begin with.  All I know is that I'm currently stuck, as my main supplier uses UPS only for most orders., so I need it.

Thanks!

Offline maxter

• View Profile
Re: Can't ship UPS
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2021, 07:51:06 AM »
Are you using default UPS extension? Ans what is your Abantecart version?

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: Can't ship UPS
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2021, 07:55:11 AM »
Merged duplicated topics

Gary,
What is your AbanteCart version?
Post exact curl error you get
« Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 07:59:30 AM by abantecart »
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline Gary Tayman

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2021, 08:55:25 AM »
Okay, I have tried and tried to find the version.  Switching from page to page, once in awhile I get a quick pop-up, and I don't have time to read it, but at a quick glance it looks like version 1.2.16.

I used snipping tool to capture part of the error log page, but I can't figure out howto imbed this in this message.  Several lines, each one says "UPS Curl Error" with a date and time, nothing else.  Sorry but that's all I have to go on.Scouring the UPS page, and also looking at the instructions for the page, the only thing I could find with any question about it was Customer Classification Code.  I changed it from 03 to 01.  Might that fix something?  I'll have to wait for another order to see if it works or if I tick off yet another customer.

Sorry if I sound totally lost, but I'm totally lost.

Offline Gary Tayman

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2021, 10:39:45 PM »
Anyone?

If this happened t you, what would your next step be?

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2021, 01:02:56 AM »
Hello.
The CURL error means AbanteCart cannot connect to the UPS server.
CURL is part of your server. You should check the following:
1. Check with your hosting provider that your server has enabled CURL PHP
2. Check the server error or access logs at the same time you see the error in the AbanteCart error log. There can be much more details about whats happen with the CURL connection

Offline yonghan79

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2021, 09:01:07 PM »
Hi,

I have made some test and found out the production API endpoint for UPS is wrong. It should be:

Code: [Select]
https://onlinetools.ups.com/ups.app/xml/Rate
and not:

Code: [Select]
https://www.ups.com/ups.app/xml/Rate
The UPS Curl error message is referring to the wrong UPS Curl being called by the default UPS extension.

Now i am able to get the rates.

I have post the bug in GitHub too.

Offline Gary Tayman

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2021, 10:54:02 PM »
THANK YOU!

With the help of folks on this forum, we're fixed.  However I'm scratching my head -- am I the first one to report such a problem when it's a programming error?  Whatever, I'm glad we're ip and running, and hopefully we've saved a lot of other people from similar headaches.

Glad that this was uncovered.  Thanks again!

Offline yonghan79

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2021, 02:05:04 AM »
You're welcome Gary.

Now we just need to wait for core devs result and their fix.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2021, 03:16:59 AM »
Hi.
You are welcome to create a pull request to the latest brach on github
https://github.com/abantecart/abantecart-src/pulls