Author Topic: Product thumbnails & resource images problem  (Read 1696 times)

Offline LizzieGim

• View Profile
Product thumbnails & resource images problem
« on: June 26, 2021, 05:04:01 PM »
Hi,

I've had a store up and running ok for the last year. Sometimes when uploading a new product image it will give me memory limitation errors .... That's not my problem today, I'm aware of the php.ini recommendations etc... but the limitation error can happen with big or small images, seems to be random.

Anyway the problem today and reason for this post is I deleted a few large resource images and decided to clear the thumbnail cache, hoping the re-build would help with a few stubborn images.. Now I have no thumbnails visible on the product pages, the category pages are working fine. The reason seems to be because the product pages are looking for thumbnails with a different naming structure.....

For example for one of my products;
-The product image filename as uploaded is FINBATHFF400.jpg
-Resource image URL address is shop/resources/18/90/0.jpg
-Thumbnail image URL address is shop/image/thumbnails/18/90/FINBATHFF400_jpg-100608-250x250.jpg

When I inspect the category page it correctly references the thumbnail image URL
When I inspect the product page it references he thumbnail image URL as -> shop/image/thumbnails/18/90/0-380x380.jpg

Can anyone give me a clue why the product page is looking for a thumbnail with a different filename and pixel dims? Has there been a change to the thumbnail generating process in the last year that could have caused this?

I'm running Abantecart 1.2.16 ....

Thanks for any help.

Offline maxter

• View Profile
Re: Product thumbnails & resource images problem
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2021, 07:28:00 PM »
Hello,

Original images are automatically optimized to the sizes configured in your setting for faster load. Optimized images are saved to different location and new name based on your sizes set.
Depending on the type and size of original images, power of your host, optimization process can sometimes run our of memory.

Hope it help to clarify.