Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Delivery only few products in local market, like as two or three pincode  (Read 2300 times)

Offline SrimadhanNa

• We can do
    • View Profile
    • Abiraaami
Dear Abantecart Forum Members,

To the Admins, thank you for your hard work in making this e-commerce site so easy for even the minimal knowledgeable customers to manage.

We have launched our online store in one of the states in India, particularly in one district. We wish to sell or deliver our few products, like as 200g, 500g, 1kg and 2kg in our local places - district (two or three pincode only) and few products, like as 5kg, 10kg and 20kg in our native state.

1. Please explain us with simplified guidelines.
2. If not, please give us any alternation in abantecart market place.

Thanks & Regards.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2021, 03:13:05 AM by SrimadhanNa »
To the Admins, thank you for your hard work in making this e-commerce site so easy for even the minimal knowledgeable customers to manage.

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
Please explain further.
Are you asking about having one product that comes in several sizes?
Are you asking about having only some products available for local delivery?

Offline SrimadhanNa

• We can do
    • View Profile
    • Abiraaami
Dear llegrand,

Thanks for your immediate enquiry.

Are you asking about having one product that comes in several sizes? (No)
Are you asking about having only some products available for local delivery? (Yes)

Note: I have seen your enquiry/reply to solve the members' problems very reliable.

Thanks & Regards.

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
The Local Delivery is a default shipping extension that should be in your Admin Panel.   It a allows you to specify your postal codes for local delivery.  It does not have the ability to only offer it on some products.

https://abantecart.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AD/pages/1532985379/Local+delivery

If you are only offer some products to be locally delivered you might try assigning Locations in your Product General tab.  I haven't tried in regards to local delivery.  It does work for regular shippers based on the customer selection.  The AbanteCart docs say: If you need to setup your Delivery method (Shipping extensions) to different rates for some geolocation or if you want to apply some tax specific to customers address then you should create appropriate Locations .

https://abantecart.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AD/pages/6750219/Products+Inventory

And we (WHY2) in the MarketPlace have a Delivery Scheduler extensions (not released to MarketPlace yet) that might be of interest if you want to schedule your deliveries.  You can read the manual  here https://why2central.net/docs/delivery-scheduler-overview/

Offline SrimadhanNa

• We can do
    • View Profile
    • Abiraaami
Re: Delivery only few products in local market in our total products.
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2021, 03:10:32 AM »
Hi llegrand,

Thanks for your suggestion. We already know about the three factors as indicated by your guidelines. No solutions made to our posts.

Thanks & Regards.

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
I was thinking about  your requirement again,  let me double check my understanding :  you want to offer only some of your products to only some locations for local delivery. 

Without having to code to meet this requirement  I think you might be able to do this:

using options  to could add the local delivery to only some products.  You would need to "trust" your customers to read the area.
You could charge or not charge as you wish. 
I have added some screen shots of my idea.

This would be very simple if you offered local delivery for all your products  :)

Just an idea for you to think about.

Offline SrimadhanNa

• We can do
    • View Profile
    • Abiraaami
Hi llegrand,

Welcome your suggestions always.  :)

Thanks & regards.