Author Topic: help correcting product grid view  (Read 5452 times)

Offline BDLG

• View Profile
    • BDL Graphics
help correcting product grid view
« on: July 13, 2021, 03:20:34 PM »
I really hate posting another question :( but I have inspected the page, looked at style.css etc, looked at the way my 3 product details are in admin (all exactly the same).  and I cannot figure out why one product looks wonderful (The top one on the screenshot) and the other 2 are showing completely different on the page. ideally, I would like all to be in a horizontal row. I seriously cannot find anything that I have done different with the top one compared to the other 2. I have even deleted the products one by one and added new, still shows the same way.  If you could tell me what I should check and/or where, it would be so helpful.

Sidenote: when I used abantecart before, I learned it rather quickly and was able to help other posters eventually  (Unfortunately I got very ill and had to step away from that business, but I'm back now with a new business). I can't wait to get to that level again. You guys are wonderful!

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: help correcting product grid view
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2021, 02:20:28 AM »
Hello.
The bottom products look like another block, check your theme Layouts
https://abantecart.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AD/pages/11763764/Pages+Layouts

Offline BDLG

• View Profile
    • BDL Graphics
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2021, 05:21:38 PM »
I appreciate the reply, however I have gone as far as disabling every block except the content area re-added the products, (Yes I'm refreshing each time :)) , still no luck. See attached screenshot when I do inspect on the page. It seems to be something in the code I believe, but I'm having a hard time finding where the actual content is in my file manager. I made sure I had hidden files enabled. Note the first product (Everyday business cards) Has a line above it that says "thumbnails grid row list-inline", the 2nd one (Premium business cards) does not. there is also a "Before" and "after" here that I wonder if has anything to do with it. I however cannot even find where this code is in order to edit it.

I went to the demo files to compare, I did an inspect on that page, and it does look like the products should all be in between the "Before" and "after", where as mine are not.  but as I said, I have been through all the Cpanel files and cannot find where to edit this. Also since I have not altered anything except removing jumbotron on another page, I don't know why it would not act like the demo does. (Just mentioning in case it is a bug)

I used softalicious to install this and I am using the most up to date version

Thanks again in advance
« Last Edit: July 14, 2021, 06:03:49 PM by BDLG »

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2021, 01:15:46 AM »
Hello.
Please share the link to your website (add spaces if the forum do not allow you to post links)

Offline BDLG

• View Profile
    • BDL Graphics
« Last Edit: July 16, 2021, 02:28:54 AM by Basara »

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
  • web for all, all for web!
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2021, 03:29:58 AM »
Hi
You can try to find code inside database (table "block_descriptions", column "content"). if your "card" is html-block you'll find it there, but in entity-encoded state.
If this block there - you should to recognize it in the layout.
If not - try to search html-code via cPanel terminal.
google helps https://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/unix-linux-finding-files-by-content/
Best regards

“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.”
― Charles Dickens

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2021, 05:33:28 AM »
I appreciate the reply, however I have gone as far as disabling every block except the content area re-added the products,

Did you modify template files?
Download and compare files with the source https://github.com/abantecart/abantecart-src/tree/master/public_html/storefront

Offline BDLG

• View Profile
    • BDL Graphics
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2021, 07:36:08 PM »
Unfortunately, I could not find the inconsistency. I finally gave up and deleted , then reinstalled Abantecart. So far it is working. One thing I did notice is that it now shows the category above the subcategories listings on the webpage and I believe this is how it should look. It did not show the category before, even from the beginning before I had worked with any of the code.
I appreciate the time you took in looking at this issue for me.