Author Topic: "Cannot establish database connection. Check your database connection settings."  (Read 6008 times)

Offline jdr

• View Profile
I have no idea what to do .... I have deleted Wamp & Abantecart at least 10 x times each & re-installed again!

Anybody?

(It's 9.15am now & I have been at it since last night 8.20pm ---> 13 hours.)

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hello.
What is your installation method, is this some kind of auto-installers or did you install AbanteCart manually via web wizard?
What is the AbanteCart version?

Offline FelipeAlamedaA

• View Profile
    • ZSControl
Had the same problem and found out the database password can't have special characters (!@#$%^&*), only letters. Try with a simple password.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2021, 12:17:07 PM by FelipeAlamedaA »

Offline timlight10

• View Profile
    • Dedicated Presentation Solutions
This means that AbanteCart cannot connect to your database. You will need to know the correct server name/IP, database name, username and password to connect to the database (your web hosting provider should be able to point you in the right direction). Then, on your server, open /public_html/config/config.php and enter the hodt name, user name, password, database name and table prefix into the corresponding fields.

Offline FelipeAlamedaA

• View Profile
    • ZSControl

Version 1.3

In my case,  the config.php file content was never generated, precisely because there was an error with the database connection. The config.php file is empty before connecting to the database. As it should, it has to confirm all user parameters before writing that file.

When you check the amysqli.php file where AMySQLi class is defined, the new MSQLI connection parameters, passed to the __construct function, are right, except for the password. The reason is the AbanteCart application converts the special character ampersand (&) in the password, for example, to the corresponding entity (&) saved for future use. That is the reason for the error message: The inputted password at the installation form does not match the password used to access the database before it is saved to config.php file.

I had no way to detect the reason for this error, except debugging the application. Which I did. Maybe somewhere in the documentation there is a warning about using special characters in the MSQL password, but I did not find it. I am new to AbanteCart, anyway.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2021, 12:52:43 PM by FelipeAlamedaA »

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
  • web for all, all for web!
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
Thank you for response.
Bug fixed in v1.3.1
“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.”
― Charles Dickens

Offline FelipeAlamedaA

• View Profile
    • ZSControl
abolabo:  Hi. ¿Where can I get Version 1.3.1?

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
  • web for all, all for web!
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
abolabo:  Hi. ¿Where can I get Version 1.3.1?

We plan to release it today.
You can download it from our github repository  https://github.com/abantecart/abantecart-src/tree/1.3.1
“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.”
― Charles Dickens

Offline FelipeAlamedaA

• View Profile
    • ZSControl
abolabo: Hi. Great job you are doing. Congratulations and thank you.

Offline jdr

• View Profile
Not to worry - I fixed it myself!