Author Topic: Customer Account Page Suggestion  (Read 4245 times)

Offline BDLG

• View Profile
    • BDL Graphics
Customer Account Page Suggestion
« on: July 17, 2021, 04:05:13 PM »
I hope this is where to post this suggestion.
I have been doing some testing as though I were a customer. I noticed that when I am logged in  and click on "ACCOUNT" to see my wishlist etc, it takes me to a login screen (As you can see in screenshot, I am already logged in, so this does not make sense to me). I also only see "login" and "Check your order" when I click on the word "account". I tried clicking on "Welcome back second (The name of my test account") and that is where I see the full list for my account. It seems to me, this list should actually show up under the word "account" instead. most customers are not going to click on the words "welcome Back".
What are your thoughts?

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
Re: Customer Account Page Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2021, 05:12:43 PM »
that is not the behavior that any normal installation has.  If you are logged into your account and click on the check order  it goes to  My Order History.   Perhaps you have adjusted some of your coding again?!?!

If you think your customers will be unable to hover over the Welcome Back to see the dropdown -  you can change the title in localization>language definitions

Offline BDLG

• View Profile
    • BDL Graphics
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2021, 06:21:27 PM »
that is not the behavior that any normal installation has.  If you are logged into your account and click on the check order  it goes to  My Order History.   Perhaps you have adjusted some of your coding again?!?!

If you think your customers will be unable to hover over the Welcome Back to see the dropdown -  you can change the title in localization>language definitions

Thanks for the reply.

I tried to recreate the issue again, but it did not happen. I will wait a while and see if time has anything to do with it since it had sat for a while before I did it before.

On the issue of the list, I was pointing out that most websites would have the longer list ( Wishlist, edit account details, downloads etc) show up when you click on the word "account" , not when you click or hover over the "welcome". It was just a suggestion. I do realize you also have the longer list show on the page, so not a big issue, just thought it was odd.

Offline BDLG

• View Profile
    • BDL Graphics
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2021, 08:21:33 PM »
I waited some time before checking again and it happened. So I come to the conclusion that it is a timeout that is logging off the customer, which is a good thing,  however, the customer still sees the "welcome back xxx" on the screen. If it has an automatic time out log off,  I would expect it to show as logged off instead of "welcome back xxxx". Also, the long list includes "Login" at the top of the list and also at the bottom, "Not xxx? Logoff". as though it is logged off (showing "login") and also logged in ("Not xxxx? Logoff". ) at the same time.

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2021, 05:13:38 PM »
There is a Control Panel Session Expiration setting that controls the length of inactive to require a new login

https://abantecart.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AD/pages/7962658/Control+Panel+Session+Expiration

Offline BDLG

• View Profile
    • BDL Graphics
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2021, 06:32:51 PM »
Like I said, that part I now understand, it was a timeout.
 Take a look at this closer view, maybe that will help with why I feel it is confusing for customer as to why they are on the login page again.
Again, I am just suggesting it may be confusing for the customer, just as I was confused when I had it open for a while.

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2021, 08:44:07 PM »
I do see your point. although in the 7 + yrs we have provided this cart to our many clients each with hundreds of customers  it has never been a reported issue or problem for users.  Perhaps as a starting (again) user you are looking at it with too close of a viewpoint.  Or perhaps the core devs will redesign  how it works in a future release.

Offline BDLG

• View Profile
    • BDL Graphics
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2021, 11:20:20 PM »
Honestly, I noticed it and thought it was odd, but a friend was looking at the site for me, but he had apparently left it for a while (This I wasn't aware of until later, I thought he saw it just after making his test account) and also commented on it . Thats when I started to look at it closer.

Thank you so much for your replies. I do remember your username, you were always great help.  I didnt even think about using my old login to the forum until I noticed a phrase on an old post I was reading and it hit me that it was the old me answering the old post lol

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2021, 05:52:23 AM »
Hello.
When the customer session is expired the "Unauthenticated customer" feature is starting to work. The wishlist and add to cart will work and the customer name will be shown however if the customer tries to checkout, open the account details he will be asked to login to see secure pages.