Shopping Cart Operations > Built-in Features

Customer Account Page Suggestion

(1/2) > >>

BDLG:
I hope this is where to post this suggestion.
I have been doing some testing as though I were a customer. I noticed that when I am logged in  and click on "ACCOUNT" to see my wishlist etc, it takes me to a login screen (As you can see in screenshot, I am already logged in, so this does not make sense to me). I also only see "login" and "Check your order" when I click on the word "account". I tried clicking on "Welcome back second (The name of my test account") and that is where I see the full list for my account. It seems to me, this list should actually show up under the word "account" instead. most customers are not going to click on the words "welcome Back".
What are your thoughts?

llegrand:
that is not the behavior that any normal installation has.  If you are logged into your account and click on the check order  it goes to  My Order History.   Perhaps you have adjusted some of your coding again?!?!

If you think your customers will be unable to hover over the Welcome Back to see the dropdown -  you can change the title in localization>language definitions

BDLG:

--- Quote from: llegrand on July 17, 2021, 05:12:43 PM ---that is not the behavior that any normal installation has.  If you are logged into your account and click on the check order  it goes to  My Order History.   Perhaps you have adjusted some of your coding again?!?!

If you think your customers will be unable to hover over the Welcome Back to see the dropdown -  you can change the title in localization>language definitions

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the reply.

I tried to recreate the issue again, but it did not happen. I will wait a while and see if time has anything to do with it since it had sat for a while before I did it before.

On the issue of the list, I was pointing out that most websites would have the longer list ( Wishlist, edit account details, downloads etc) show up when you click on the word "account" , not when you click or hover over the "welcome". It was just a suggestion. I do realize you also have the longer list show on the page, so not a big issue, just thought it was odd.

BDLG:
I waited some time before checking again and it happened. So I come to the conclusion that it is a timeout that is logging off the customer, which is a good thing,  however, the customer still sees the "welcome back xxx" on the screen. If it has an automatic time out log off,  I would expect it to show as logged off instead of "welcome back xxxx". Also, the long list includes "Login" at the top of the list and also at the bottom, "Not xxx? Logoff". as though it is logged off (showing "login") and also logged in ("Not xxxx? Logoff". ) at the same time.

llegrand:
There is a Control Panel Session Expiration setting that controls the length of inactive to require a new login

https://abantecart.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AD/pages/7962658/Control+Panel+Session+Expiration

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version