Author Topic: Sort order of Featured Product page?  (Read 2413 times)

Offline masalachai

• View Profile
Sort order of Featured Product page?
« on: July 21, 2021, 04:21:27 PM »
Hi.
Changing the sort order in System -> Settings -> General -> Sort Products as default by:
Unfortunately, has no effect on the Featured Product page which is where all our products are shown (all the drop downs don't change a thing).
Anybody know what needs to be changed to get the Featured Product page to sort A-Z for example?

Thanks!

« Last Edit: July 21, 2021, 04:23:03 PM by masalachai »

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Sort order of Featured Product page?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2021, 02:45:35 AM »
Hello.
AbanteCart does not have a Featured Product page. What is your AbanteCart version and URL of the page?

Offline masalachai

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2021, 03:40:03 AM »
Thanks for the reply Basara! Sorry, I mispoke - I have the Featured Product checkbox checked for all our products so that they all show on the home page (114 total).  Right now they seem to be sorted by date entered, though if I clone a product, then those products go to the bottom of the page. Anyhow. Using v.1.2.9.  Would like them to be sorted alphabetically (just like the Products are listed in the Admin -> Catalog -> Products). Thanks again!

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2021, 03:42:21 AM »
Hello.
You have a very outdated version. Probably issue is already fixed in the latest version

Offline masalachai

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2021, 12:19:44 PM »
Thanks again Basara for the reply.  I *think* I found the section storefront/model/catalog/product.php
As I suspected, the products are being sorted by date_available (line 773) so that's why the clones are going to the end of the page and the new entries to the top. Haven't figured out what the SQL is to change date_available to product_descriptions.name with all the joins going on, so if anybody knows, it'd be much appreciated. Thanks again!