Author Topic: AbanteCart Cart is giving me grief fresh out of the box.  (Read 2411 times)

Offline glenlivet

• View Profile
AbanteCart Cart is giving me grief fresh out of the box.
« on: August 07, 2021, 10:23:35 AM »
 After my first attempt at install where I followed the instructions to the letter and before I could even log in the first time I got the following message:

Your server is unable to create a session necessary for AbanteCart functionality. Check logs for exact error details and contact your hosting support administrator to resolve this error.

Going to the log I found the following error:

2021-08-07 8:57:49 - App Error:  AbanteCart core v.1.3.1 Your server is unable to create a session necessary for AbanteCart functionality. Check logs for exact error details and contact your hosting support administrator to resolve this error.
Trace:
   #0 /webroot/g/l/mysite.com/core/helper/system_check.php on line 577
   #1 /webroot/g/l/mysite.com/admin/controller/pages/index/login.php on line 118
   #2 /webroot/g/l/mysite.com/core/engine/dispatcher.php on line 287
   #3 /webroot/g/l/mysite.com/core/engine/dispatcher.php on line 322
   #4 /webroot/g/l/mysite.com/core/engine/page.php on line 108

After having looked at the lines in the routines called out in the trace, and as I'm not a PHP super coder and totally unfamiliar with how the AbanteCart Cart software is stitched together I really don't know what to do to fix it as there was no solid error called out to fix. I'm sure I'm not the first with this problem but a quick search of the forum did not really point me in a usable direction to solve the problem I have. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. I have changed the "juicy" stuff in the web addresses to mysite.com to protect the innocent.

Thanks in advance! 

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: AbanteCart Cart is giving me grief fresh out of the box.
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2021, 01:21:02 AM »
Hello.
Session not writable is not related to the AbanteCart. It is related to the webhosting server configuration. Write to the hosting support team they will resolve that in 5 minutes.

If you want to fix the server yourself start from checking your server PHP session path is writable
https://stackoverflow.com/a/6628575

Offline glenlivet

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2021, 08:31:15 PM »
My sys admin assures me that my php session path is writable- they have 73 servers in their "farm" so I must assume he knows what he's talking about.
As usual it would seem that I'm once again caught chasing my tail on the Mobius Strip, with the software people pointing the finger at the hardware people and the hardware people pointing the finger at the software people. I'm about ready to abandon AbanteCart and look for something else.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2021, 01:02:39 AM »
Hello.
Thank you for your comments. If you send us access to your server in a private message we can check your configuration.  ???