Author Topic: shopping cart not validating valid phone number  (Read 2662 times)

Offline oembry

• View Profile
shopping cart not validating valid phone number
« on: August 15, 2021, 02:38:29 PM »
I have installed the latest 1.3.1 version on a development server.  I created a product and am getting stuck on the checkout.

1. I am entering a valid phone number but the non-verbose JavaScript does not tell me the proper format, assuming that this is the issue.

2. There is no way to make the phone number, optional.  I could care less about getting a phone number.  I do believe in past versions, it was optional.  With this new version and various bug fixes and upgrades, the checkout should be a part of Settings, so that it can be customized for your store.

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
Re: shopping cart not validating valid phone number
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2021, 05:24:03 PM »
I believe that the phone number is not your issue.   There is no requirement for the phone number field and it does not check for any specific number format.

Are you trying a guest checkout?  Which checkout page are you getting stuck on?  Are you seeing any warning within the checkout page,  perhaps not checking a read box that is enabled?   It usually appears towards the top of your checkout page

Suggest you look into your error logs.   

Perhaps enable a higher level of debug - see this link for more information.

https://abantecart.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AD/pages/7569496/Debug

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2021, 01:07:20 AM »
Hello.
You can disable the phone required field in the Fast checkout settings: Require Phone Number OFF or you can change the regex to allow any format you like in the  checkout settings https://abantecart.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AD/pages/2375221249/Phone+Validation+Regex+Pattern
« Last Edit: August 17, 2021, 01:00:57 AM by Basara »

Offline oembry

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2021, 01:43:12 PM »
Thank you both for your responses.  I have just modified the Debug settings.

It happens on this page: index.php?rt=checkout/fast_checkout

How do I disable Fast Checkout?

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2021, 02:30:23 PM »
Fast checkout is a default extension that is control within the extensions.  Here's the info for you

https://abantecart.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AD/pages/1529741323/Fast+checkout

a reminder that Basara indicated within the Fast checkout extension you can control the settings for phone number.  But is not a required field within the regular default check out.