Author Topic: Quantity option in products  (Read 3556 times)

Offline pcshost

• View Profile
Quantity option in products
« on: August 09, 2021, 02:13:19 PM »
Is there an option I am missing in AbanteCart Cart 1.213 to have a quantity option available for the Products? I can't find one.
Modify message

Online llegrand

• View Profile
Re: Quantity option in products
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2021, 04:23:18 PM »
Please describe your options conditions a bit further.

If your options are to size or color or something like that,  and your customer is only buying one of the options, say they want 3 of the red ones,  then the quantity is managed in the normal method by input in the qty field on the product page.

However,  if you are wanting to allow them to buy 2 red and 3 blue  on the same product page at the same there is currently no way to do that in the options.  They need to buy the red ones and then buy the blue ones.

If the second condition is your goal,  but might look at our extension where we treat Products as options. https://marketplace.abantecart.com/product_as_option
It was designed to add the stock tracking of products that are add-ons to a product.

Offline pcshost

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2021, 09:12:56 AM »
Naw it's the first option. I just want them to have the ability to order a quantity of more than one if desired. There is no quantity option on the product option that I can find. Here's the example: https://pizzacrisp.com/store/  Scroll down and see the product. It just has an add to cart option rather than a quantity button and then an add to cart. You can only change the quantity in the view shopping cart window. ( I only have one product in the store )

Thx

Offline BDLG

• View Profile
    • BDL Graphics
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2021, 02:48:30 PM »
I see the QTY option just fine when I click on the picture of the product.  I see what you mean though, you want then to choose QTY on the main page instead of clicking the picture to get to the product details and the QTY option. I agree with llegrand, an extension may be needed, or you may be able to remove the box (In coding) with the cart in order to force them to click on the first picture

Offline pcshost

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2021, 06:50:37 PM »
Ah okay. Let me check into it. Thanks.

Online llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2021, 08:00:40 PM »
one other thought although it might not fit your pricing model,   if you have a promotion (quantity discount) or an option on your products
it will take your customer to the product page  as they have to select something.

Here's the info on the quantity discounts
https://abantecart.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AD/pages/10747906/Quantity+discounts

Offline pcshost

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2021, 08:49:01 AM »
Oh great thank llegrand and BDLG!