Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: How to translate names of currencies?  (Read 626 times)

Offline OneMore

• View Profile
How to translate names of currencies?
« on: December 30, 2023, 06:03:46 AM »
Is there a way to translate currency names?

So far as I can see, the "currencies" table only contains one monolingual "title" field describing the currency and there is no "currencies_description" table.

----
N.B. I am using Abantecart 1.211. Possibly was this implemented in later versions ?

Offline OneMore

• View Profile
Re: How to translate names of currencies?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2023, 01:32:30 PM »
Easiest solution for me has been simply not displaying currency names.

This can be easily achieved by removing the two HTML tags containing $currency[ 'title' ]; in the currency template: "storefront/view/default/template/blocks/currency.tpl"

As all currencies do not have a symbol, for greater consistency, I also recommend replacing the two instances of $currency[ 'symbol' ]; by $currency[ 'code' ]; in currency.tpl.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2023, 01:38:43 PM by OneMore »

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: How to translate names of currencies?
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2023, 10:10:18 AM »
I am sorry, but we do not support v1.2 any longer.

Currencies are not multilingual. If you do not what to see title, yes, you can disable it.
Rather than removing code, I suggest to create a setting and create a pull request to current dev version. We will review and include into future release.

If there is a demand, we can consider to make currencies multilingual or wait for someone to contribute the change.

Thank you
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help