Author Topic: issue with return URL for extension  (Read 3727 times)

Offline oembry

• View Profile
issue with return URL for extension
« on: August 30, 2021, 03:50:01 PM »
I am working to upgrade the Square extension for AbanteCart 1.3.1.  I can get the redirect to work when using CURL from the command-line but not in the browser.  I can look at the Network tab in Developer mode but it does not show a page redirect to AbanteCart even though I am on the correct page.

I looked back at the PayPal Express code to see if there is something appended to the return URL for it, but there is not.  I just see a useless blank PHP page, there is nothing in the error.txt file and I have tried to output code into the error_log, but nothing is being updated.  It's iike the redirect happens but nothing is being processed by AbanteCart.  I have been working to try and resolve this issue for over a week now.

If needed, I can send an administrator the compressed files so that it can be installed and tested.  I am at my wits end with trying to figure out the issue.

Thank you.

Obiora

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: issue with return URL for extension
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2021, 01:14:01 AM »
Hello.
Are you testing with the Fast checkout or with the old checkout?

How did you initiate the redirect, with the javascript or in PHP code in the controller? Share the redirect code with us or PM me the files

Offline oembry

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2021, 11:09:35 AM »
The redirect is done within the Controller, the same way that I did it with the 1.2.x versions.  Fast Checkout is disabled.

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
  • web for all, all for web!
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2021, 03:33:31 AM »
I am working to upgrade the Square extension for AbanteCart 1.3.1.  I can get the redirect to work when using CURL from the command-line but not in the browser.  I can look at the Network tab in Developer mode but it does not show a page redirect to AbanteCart even though I am on the correct page.

I looked back at the PayPal Express code to see if there is something appended to the return URL for it, but there is not.  I just see a useless blank PHP page, there is nothing in the error.txt file and I have tried to output code into the error_log, but nothing is being updated.  It's iike the redirect happens but nothing is being processed by AbanteCart.  I have been working to try and resolve this issue for over a week now.

If needed, I can send an administrator the compressed files so that it can be installed and tested.  I am at my wits end with trying to figure out the issue.

Thank you.

Obiora

1. Did you tried to enable displaying of errors via php.ini? i mean directive display_errors = On;
2. Usually blank screen is a linter(syntax) error (fatal error). You should to check web-server log. (httpd.error etc)
3. You can use exit('bla'); to determine where your script die.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2021, 03:33:55 AM by abolabo »
“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.”
― Charles Dickens

Offline oembry

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2021, 04:42:01 PM »
And Basara I sent you a PM with the requested information.  Please let me know if you have any questions.

Offline oembry

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2021, 01:43:31 PM »
Yes errors are enabled within php.ini.  In addition, I purposely added code in the file to add to the error_log, but none of that code is being executed.

In the Network tab of the Web Developer extension in my browser, I do not see a redirect, the last page that shows is the page from Square where the credit card information is added.

I am not entirely convinced it's an error, as when I execute it within Curl, the redirect does happen.

Would you like for me to send you my code via PM?

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
  • web for all, all for web!
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2021, 03:40:23 AM »
you can to debug with redirect(your url here); function in the your controller. Just paste it at the beginning of method and check
“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.”
― Charles Dickens