Shopping Cart Operations > Support

SMTP server failure

<< < (2/3) > >>

vajra:
Thanks for the reply Basara. I contacted them and not on their side. I also installed zencart to see if i can sendmail that way and it worked, however, i went to my host control panel and found this (see pict) , a reverse dns and a record issue.. Do you think this is the issue? and if i resolve this it should work out?
Thanks so much !

vajra:
not sure yet what my host did but i think it was an issue with dns server and a record. i will report back when i find out. but it finally works now! i have my domain email going through gsuite too. i hope this helps someone else.

SMTP Protocol:
SMTP Host:
ssl://sv402.hostbudget.net
SMTP Username: name@mydomain.com
SMTP Password: the password for my email
SMTP Port:465
i tried this many times before without success. it works now and im so happy!

Basara:

--- Quote from: vajra on December 26, 2021, 10:22:26 PM ---not sure yet what my host did but i think it was an issue with dns server and a record. i will report back when i find out. but it finally works now! i have my domain email going through gsuite too. i hope this helps someone else.

SMTP Protocol:
SMTP Host:
ssl://sv402.hostbudget.net
SMTP Username: name@mydomain.com
SMTP Password: the password for my email
SMTP Port:465
i tried this many times before without success. it works now and im so happy!

--- End quote ---

Thank you for letting us know. Please report back when you find out what did they change. This will help a lot

vajra:
My host has not gotten back  yet on what they did to fix it but I believe after I looked at the "delivery report" in cpanel, I saw and reported to them this error ( see below) asking if i was blacklisted or being hung up by a filter. Shortly after mentioning to this to them, they reported it "fixed". I will report back when i find out more as i think it might help others as well.

this message was rejected at smtp time by an rbl filter or other configuration

Waker:
Hi everyone,

I just installed AbanteCart and as I was testing it I noticed I was not receiving any emails.
I've tried with the "Mail" protocol and SMTP.
With mail protocol I get no errors whatsoever but I also don't receive anything.

When I try to use SMTP I get exactly the same errors as the original posted.
(I'd post an example but I keep getting an error saying I can't link to external sites for some reason, even after removing all the links and just leaving the paths... But the errors are exactly on the same lines on the same files)
I also tried with a gmail account to test out and I get the same errors on the same lines too.

I've also attached a screenshot of how the settings look.

Wondering if Vajra ever got any updates on this.

Also, let me know if I should open a new topic about this, I noticed this one wasn't too old so I decided to leave a reply here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version