Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: How do I offer lower prices for quanity?  (Read 2841 times)

Offline PerfectBuzz

• View Profile
How do I offer lower prices for quanity?
« on: December 29, 2021, 03:33:49 PM »
 :)

Hello Everyone, I am new to AbanteCart and I absolutely love it! I am however stumped and hope someone may be able to help me. My customers will have the option to buy 1 item at this set price but if they buy in volume, I would like to adjust the price so it reflects a new, lower price for quanity!

Thanks in advance, Happy Holidays!
PB  8)

P.S.: I thought I figured it out but when I try to apply the "Product Promotion", it shows an improper price! Is there a better price block/plugin available for accurate pricing?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2021, 03:49:06 PM by PerfectBuzz »

Online llegrand

• View Profile
Re: How do I offer lower prices for quanity?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2021, 04:40:27 PM »
Did you read this documentation:

https://abantecart.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AD/pages/10747906/Quantity+discounts

send us a screen shot of your settings and what is wrong with the pricing displayed and we will try to assist you better

Offline PerfectBuzz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2021, 06:38:09 PM »
Yes, thank you for your reply. I thought I had figured it out when I found that section but it doesn't work! Gives very incorrect pricing and can't handle a decimal point in quantity. First image is the settings... Second is the results.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2021, 12:09:05 AM »
Please do not use Newsletter Subscriber as a customer group.
Use the Default or another Groups

Online llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2021, 01:13:05 AM »
I believe your issue is not understanding that the pricing for the quantity is PER EACH.

you show one at 10  and you have qty  at 50.
the correct  qty pricing would be 50/7  or 7.15  each (rounded off)

refer to my screen shot to see how it displays

Offline PerfectBuzz

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2022, 07:52:34 PM »
Please do not use Newsletter Subscriber as a customer group.
Use the Default or another Groups

Thanks for your reply but I did not use the Newsletter Subscriber, just had it there for the screenshot.

I am trying to price as follows...
$10 for 1| $30 for 3.5 | $50 for 7 | $100 for 14 | $200 for 28

Why does it calculate as follows... (the bold text below is due to AbanteCarts quantity and pricing limitations)
$10 for 1| $90 for 3 | $350 for 7 | $1400 for 14 | $5600 for 28

Where I put the price in the discount settings will only accept 0.00 and to get an accurate pricing, I would need 15 decimal points for pricing to be accurately discounted for buying quantity!

Please help me if you can, I NEED this solved as soon as possible!
Thanks in advance.

Online llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2022, 08:18:43 PM »
you need to use the PER EACH pricing .   Please refer to the screen shot and the message I sent earlier.

The total price is calculated on the qty times the per each pricing.   so 1 at 10  = 10,    2 at 9 each  = 18,   etc
The quantity  does not allow for decimals only whole numbers.

Offline PerfectBuzz

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2022, 03:09:29 PM »
Thank you all for your information. I do understand the pricing better except without the ability to use a 1/2 or .5 in quantity and even the way you informed me that the pricing works still is inaccurate for what I need. If the customer buys 28, each unit is worth 7.142857142857142 to be able to get the required price of 200. I love AbanteCart but I guess all this work was a waste of time and money spent on extensions! Thanks everyone for your help.

Online llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2022, 04:35:31 PM »
One more thought -  since having an odd ending price is not your desire  you could perhaps use options.
The important thing to know about options is to use a price modifier for the ending price.  This means the base product price PLUS the modifier equals the ending pricing to customer

I made a rough screen shot for you, showing one of the option methods (checkbox)

We have several extensions  that we offer for handling options so the ending pricing is not so confusing.   Below is the links to our manuals so you can see how to provision, etc.   

https://why2central.net/v1/option-lite/
https://why2central.net/v1/option-pro/

Additionally I asked you in a different post what you were selling - something with weight or length or?
We have some additional extensions that handle those types of calculations.

Give the options a try and see if they will work out for you.

Offline PerfectBuzz

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2022, 05:53:54 PM »
Awesome, thank you. I will try these options and Post my results. I have no problem buying extensions if they do what I need them to!

I answered the other post but didn't realize it was also you, lol. Yes, I am selling weight. I tried to modify the Units of Weight within AbanteCart but can't seem to see where it becomes relevant outside the Canada Post shipping extension. Was hoping to bind a fixed price to quantities of select products, if that is even possible!

I'll get at trying your suggestions for the pricing issue right now.

Thanks again!