Author Topic: Inventory Warehouse Location  (Read 3763 times)

Offline gmessler

• View Profile
Inventory Warehouse Location
« on: January 12, 2022, 06:10:48 PM »
I'm looking to see if there is somewhere that AbanteCart can store the location in the warehouse where the inventory is located.  Such as Shelf2 bay3 etc.  and a way for that to appear on the admin order so the warehouse can pick the item.  I see that there is a warehouse location but I believe that's directed at different physical warehouses not shelf or bin location.

Thanks,

Offline OneMore

• View Profile
Re: Inventory Warehouse Location
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2023, 02:38:23 PM »
Step 1: adding new fields to store the location of each of your products
It it easy to edit the structure of the "products" table using phpMyAdmin.
There is already a "location" column in it, but you could add more columns.

Step 2: consulting and editing field values

2.1 Basic method is editing/consulting the value for the new fields directly in phpMyAdmin.

Writing a basic SQL query to search for a product is really easy:
SELECT product_id,model,sku,location,shelf,bay FROM `abc_products` WHERE sku='T1234';

This example query would display a few fields for the product with the reference "T1234" (sku = Stock Keeping Unit).
I added the "shelf" and "bay" columns in the query.

If you don't feel comfortable with SQL queries, phpMyAdmin also has a "Search" tab and will build the queries for you.
However, you will quickly be more efficient learning how to write SQL queries.

2.2 Improved solution: integrating the new columns from your database in AbanteCart admin.
  • use a tool like grepwin to locate all files with occurences of a column name that already existed is typical of the product table (e.g. "ship_individually"). This will easily let you locate which source files should possibly be edited. By double-clicking each of the found files, you can then edit it in your favourite code editor (e.g. PSPad).
  • Adapt the SQL queries that should be (INSERT, UPDATE, SELECT) by adding the names of your additional columns, and edit the templates that should display the additional fields.

2.3 Expert solution
You could also write an extension, which basically makes what I described at 2.2 more reusable, but would require you to learn about how to write AbanteCart extensions. This is much more complex that the simple method I described.

Hope this helps.