Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: PHP and mySql version for 1.2.11  (Read 1605 times)

Offline Sam_78

• View Profile
PHP and mySql version for 1.2.11
« on: January 31, 2022, 09:12:03 AM »
Hello,

I am using AbanteCart Version 1.2.11 and our hosting wants to upgrade php and MySql. We have lots of custom code so I can't simply upgrade abanteCart.
My question is have someone tried 1.2.11 with PHP 7.4 and mySQL 5.7 ? if not than what was the latest version y'all tried?

Thanks

Offline Sam_78

• View Profile
Re: PHP and mySql version for 1.2.11
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2022, 02:32:46 PM »
Any help?

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
Re: PHP and mySql version for 1.2.11
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2022, 03:17:43 PM »
Hi Sam,  let me share a couple of thoughts with you.

1. PHP versions change continually,  when they reach a EOL (end of life).  You need to be using the  support versions to keep things more secure and working.
You can check EOL  for php  here:  https://www.php.net/supported-versions.php
You can see even 7.4  if out of active updates and moved into security only.

2.  You are now understanding how customizing your cart has a downside  are not keeping up with changes to various systems.  Perhaps your customization is able to work  with  no or little changes.   Perhaps you should look into make your coding changed into an extension??  You need to rethink how your custom coding is being applied to the core,  and make some adjustments to your process -  as upgrades to php,  OS,  etc is ongoing.

3.  If you have access to cPanel and softaculous,   you could clone your existing site,  upgrade your php etc and see if it works with your custom coding etc. 

We have posted Softaculous how-tos on our info hub:

https://why2central.net/kb/using-softaculous/