Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Extending support on MarketPlace extension  (Read 2680 times)

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
Extending support on MarketPlace extension
« on: January 31, 2022, 12:20:05 PM »
Please provide clarification on extending support:

MarketPlace says:
The purchased extension is provided with 120-day support from an author with free upgrades within this time frame. If your order support has expired, you will not get any updates for your extension and developers might refuse with the support requests.
You can extend support time and updates with the purchase of an additional 1-year support term.

If the store is connected to the extension, and the Extend Support button is clicked  -  is the renewal fee ONLY for the additional support? or does one have to repurchase the extension and the extended support?

It has been my experience with trying to buy extended support  that I have to rebuy the extension also. 

thank you for clarify what is suppose to happen.

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: Extending support on MarketPlace extension
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2022, 07:03:21 AM »
Hello,

Extended supports requires authors to support their extensions including providing code updates and fixes with new versions. How do you envision support without code fixes?
This model very common in the industry and offered buy our competitors.

What you are looking for sounds like subscription based model. We consider this approach in the future.

Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2022, 09:31:46 AM »
that is NOT my question.   simply when an extension is purchased and included the 12 months support at the first buy.   when the year is elapsed - and one wants to continue support and updates -  they go to the page that has the extend support button showing -  and this is where I have the confusion.

If the first year (paid for) has expired or about to expire,  if the additional fee for ONLY the support fee OR does one have to repurchase the extension and the 12 mo support?

I had assumed it was the ability to pay for only the support fee after the first year.   But so far that has not been my experience -  had to rebuy the extension and the 12 mos support. 

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2022, 06:58:55 AM »
Hello.

Try to disconnect and connect the store again. On the marketplace extension page, you should see your store URL above the Add to cart button

Offline Nuno Neff

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2022, 12:41:45 PM »
Basara, what He wants to know is exactly the same thing that I already asked in another post and still nobody has answered me clearly, when we buy an extension on the marketplace after a while the support expires, we have to buy the extension again at full price or we can pay X for extend support and then regain access to both support and extension updates???

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2022, 12:39:50 AM »
Basara, what He wants to know is exactly the same thing that I already asked in another post and still nobody has answered me clearly, when we buy an extension on the marketplace after a while the support expires, we have to buy the extension again at full price or we can pay X for extend support and then regain access to both support and extension updates???

Nuno Neff, the Marketplace team already working on your account to fix the issue.

Offline Nuno Neff

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2022, 05:04:36 AM »
Ok Basara thanks for the information.