Author Topic: Unable to send emails  (Read 2062 times)

Offline Karlos

• View Profile
Unable to send emails
« on: February 10, 2022, 04:47:41 PM »
Hi,

I have just set up my new site but I am unable to get emails to send.  When the mail protocol is set to mail setting it appears to send but nothing received and no error in the logs.  I have checked with my hosting company and they tell me php mail is enabled.  If I then try smtp the message will not send and I get this message "Task Failed 0 messages have been sent." but then there is an error in the log, but this means nothing to me I am afraid.  I have been struggling  with this for 2 days now, so can anyone help please?

Many thanks

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Unable to send emails
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2022, 12:26:19 AM »
Hello.
Check your SMTP settings. Each mail SMTP provider have different settings
https://abantecart.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AD/pages/7372837/Mail+Settings#MailSettings-ExampleofGmailSMTP

Offline Karlos

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2022, 03:12:23 PM »
Hi Basara,

Many thanks for the reply.  I have double checked the settings and even set up a new email address and tried it with those settings but nothing seems to work.  Any more ideas?

Thanks

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2022, 07:20:29 AM »
Karlos, try to check your logs for AbnateCart after you try to send the message.

Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline Karlos

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2022, 10:15:53 AM »
Thanks for your help, I have eventually got to the bottom of it.  I found that I needed to change my SMPT port number to 587 instead of 465 which cpanel suggests. :)