Author Topic: Application of fees for extended support renewals  (Read 1995 times)

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
Application of fees for extended support renewals
« on: February 13, 2022, 09:31:43 PM »
I have lots of extensions purchased in the MarketPlace as well as clients who also have purchased extensions over the years and recently.   But all the sites I am working with have the same issues. 

The Info regarding support within the MarketPlace does not appear on any of the many sites that I have accessed.  The only solution I am presented is to repurchase the extension and extended support at full price again.   Reading of the MP info seems to indicate we should only be charged for additional support fee.   

Please answer the following questions regarding how extended support is available.  And for clarity in your intent for fees for support in these conditions:

1.    Is additional 12 mos support cost only the support fee?  Or must a rebuy with 12mos be repurchased?

2.   When can one buy the additional support after the first time?  I have some expiring 2/21/22  and they are connected to the MP  and they do show up as they are licensed to the correct site,  but there is no extend support button showing.

3.   What happens if extended support has expired a few days earlier -  is there a grace period to re-extend? 

4.   For extension purchased prior to having the extended support feature how does one get extended support?  And what is the fee for it?

Thanks in advance for answering with specific information so we all know what to expect.

One more question:  what is the proper procedure to move a license to a different installation?  How do we let MP  know it is disconnected from one site and installed in a new site and have it register correctly for support and updates?

« Last Edit: February 13, 2022, 10:09:46 PM by llegrand »

Offline Nuno Neff

• View Profile
Re: Application of fees for extended support renewals
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2022, 04:19:28 AM »
llegrand thats also my problem i have some extensions that i bought and support has expired and now i want to extend support and the way it looks i need to rebuy again a single licence and that doesnt make sense, and when i go to my dashboard in Abantecart   EXTENTIONS -->  ALL EXTENTIONS -->  MARKETPLACE EXTENTIONS --> MY EXTENTIONS 

It says You have no purchases for this store or this store was disconnected from the Marketplace.

My shop is connected and i have purchased a few Extensions

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2022, 12:38:28 AM »
1.    Is additional 12 mos support cost only the support fee?  Or must a rebuy with 12mos be repurchased?
12 month support include support from extension developer and free upgrades

2.   When can one buy the additional support after the first time?  I have some expiring 2/21/22  and they are connected to the MP  and they do show up as they are licensed to the correct site,  but there is no extend support button showing.

Contact Marketplace support with your order number and the store URL connected to you marketplace account https://marketplace.abantecart.com/index.php?rt=content/contact

3.   What happens if extended support has expired a few days earlier -  is there a grace period to re-extend? 
You can extend any time.

4.   For extension purchased prior to having the extended support feature how does one get extended support?  And what is the fee for it?
Contact Marketplace support with your order number and the store URL connected to you marketplace account https://marketplace.abantecart.com/index.php?rt=content/contact

what is the proper procedure to move a license to a different installation?  How do we let MP  know it is disconnected from one site and installed in a new site and have it register correctly for support and updates?
You can not switch licenses. Extension purchased to a specific store can not be licensed to another.

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2022, 12:50:25 AM »
Regarding:
You can not switch licenses. Extension purchased to a specific store can not be licensed to another.

Then you need to state on MarketPlace on each extension page this parameter.   
Currently you say: Single installation, is for use by single site or one copy of application using this extension. 

I also suggest you rethink that.  If I buy an extension that I think might work for one site,  install it and find it is not suitable   I want the ability to transfer it to another site that it will work for.   If I buy it,  and don't violate the single site rule I should have the opportunity to install it on any site I wish at any time.   Just like every other software I buy from other vendors,   it is transportable.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2022, 12:55:51 AM »
Regarding:

Then you need to state on MarketPlace on each extension page this parameter.   
Currently you say: Single installation, is for use by single site or one copy of application using this extension. 

I also suggest you rethink that.  If I buy an extension that I think might work for one site,  install it and find it is not suitable   I want the ability to transfer it to another site that it will work for.   If I buy it,  and don't violate the single site rule I should have the opportunity to install it on any site I wish at any time.   Just like every other software I buy from other vendors,   it is transportable.

Hello. In this specific case, you can contact Marketplace support and ask to switch license