Author Topic: Menu colours and other changes  (Read 1887 times)

Offline cymru78

• View Profile
Menu colours and other changes
« on: February 16, 2022, 01:46:45 AM »
Hi
I really do want to use AbanteCart. I don't want to use Prestashop or WooCommerce and I don't want to have to pay for the likes of Shopify and I already have paid hosting. I really feel that there should be easier control of simple things such as colours (I'm in the UK, hence the spelling!)

I have done searches and some have thrown up nothing and some have given answers but my changes don't seem to work when I hit save on the files. I have looked through the various files where I think things will be, but I only know basics.

I can see the potential but I need to make some changes that I feel should be simple and all guidance will be appreciated. Basically, I really do need to get the layout right and to get my site back live asap.

Menus
I'd like to change the colours of both top menus to white background/black text
I'd like to remove the icons from the drop down menu (text only)
I'd like to change the colour of the text for the product listings on the home page to black

And on the product pages
Change text colour to black
Hide the larger box with the price displayed in favour of the 'Total Price' (but make that a little bigger)
Change the colour of the 'Add to Cart' to black/white
If possible, hide the Qty box simply because all my stock are one-off items

I can't post external links to show you an example, unfortunatley

I really would appreciate the help and I would be happy to make a donation when I have it set up just about how I'd like.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Menu colours and other changes
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2022, 02:00:14 AM »
Hello.

Most of the changes are easy to do with CSS changes. If you have a default template almost all CSS rules are located in the storefront/view/default/stylesheet/style.css file. To find out what CSS rule to change or add use your browser inspector tool https://abantecart.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AD/pages/7569496/Debug#Debug-Browserinspector

If you don't want to edit the file you can use the 3rd party extensions like https://marketplace.abantecart.com/custom_css
or themes with color settings https://marketplace.abantecart.com/templates--skins

Offline cymru78

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2022, 02:39:49 AM »
Thanks for replying.
Since I made my post, I had realised that all the CSS that needs changing is in that file.
The only thing that I managed to change was the colour of some of the text in the header to black and the background to white, but I couldn't figure out how to change the 'Log in or Register' colour.

And that is about as far as I got.

I don't mind editing the file, but it's a matter of what it is that I'm looking for. I have never managed to quite figure out how to use the inspector tool. Also, the link to the Chrome one on that page you guided me to is a broken link.
I'm not sure if that CSS extension will help, because I don't know nearly enough about writing CSS coding.

Basically, I think I just need a nice guide to show me the relevant parts to edit and the absolute most important thing at the moment is hiding those icons in the drop down menu.

I might take a look at some of those templates although I was trying to not spend extra money just yet.

Offline cymru78

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2022, 03:27:38 AM »
I'm now trying to install the Page Builder extension but it won't let me because I don't have version 1.3.3 but when I click on update it tells me that update is only available for stores with purchased history whatever that means

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2022, 05:07:13 AM »
Thank you we have corrected the broken link.
Please do not post multiply questions to one thread. The page builder is in the alpha stage and still in the development
« Last Edit: February 16, 2022, 08:05:31 AM by Basara »