Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Offer Extention Not Installing and White Page of Death  (Read 4118 times)

Offline Tony Chavarria

• View Profile
Offer Extention Not Installing and White Page of Death
« on: February 24, 2022, 08:56:41 PM »
Hello all, I downloaded the Extension "offer" and am getting this error message when I try to install it:

"Extension offer: Source can not be located! Please delete it and visit extension provider to get complete source and install it again "

When I try to delete it after saying YES in the dialog box it then goes to a white screen and nothing happens. I cannot find this "offer" extension to delete it in the extensions folder on the server so I'm stumped where it might be.

I attached a picture of the extension and the message on screen.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Thank you,

Tony

Offline ioecc

• View Profile
Re: Offer Extention Not Installing and White Page of Death
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2022, 10:06:20 PM »
The plug-in you mentioned is not included in the default extension. You should have downloaded the free version in the plug-in market. If it is in the free version market, not all plug-ins can be used, and some of them have not been updated for a long time.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2022, 07:25:00 AM »
Hello.
This can be an issue with the permissions. Go to the folder_where_abantecart_instaled/extensions and check permissions for the offer directory.
You can also contact the extension developer in the marketplace.

Offline Tony Chavarria

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2022, 10:00:28 AM »
Hello.
This can be an issue with the permissions. Go to the folder_where_abantecart_instaled/extensions and check permissions for the offer directory.
You can also contact the extension developer in the marketplace.

Hello, thanks for the response! I checked the Extension Folder and the Best Offer folder does not exist. I will contact the developer as you advise.

I don't know if this will be relevant to the issue but I did recently move my installation from a folder on the root to the root itself.

Former: mydomain.com/folder/

to

Current: mydomain.com

I may have missed some needed config settings?? Any input is appreciated  :)

Offline Tony Chavarria

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2022, 10:02:20 AM »
The plug-in you mentioned is not included in the default extension. You should have downloaded the free version in the plug-in market. If it is in the free version market, not all plug-ins can be used, and some of them have not been updated for a long time.

Thank you for the response!

I did not know there was a free version?? I looked in the Extensions available and nothing was found. If you have a link you could provide that would be appreciated.

Offline ioecc

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2022, 09:54:53 PM »
What kind of plug-in do you need, I also looked for it in the market. For newbies, you can check the reviews in the paid plug-ins. If there are reviews in the free version, you can use them.
I feel that abantecart is a very good system and worth using

Online llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2022, 10:22:35 PM »
Let me a bit of clarity.

first there is no free version for the extension Best Offer.   It is an extension sold in the marketplace, and developed by a third-party developer.

Next it appears Best offer does not have a version for any AbanteCart v 1.3.0 or higher.  If you are using AbanteCart v 1.3.0 or higher you need to contact the developer there is support button in the Marketplace to do so,  or look in your MarketPlace account on your orders and there will be a get help button.  If you are using AbanteCart v 1.2.xxxx then the below link may assist you in installation.

Next  here is a link on how to install a MarketPlace Extension.
https://forum.abantecart.com/index.php?action=post;topic=9514.0;last_msg=37519

Offline Tony Chavarria

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2022, 07:12:04 PM »
Hi, thanks for your reply. I did contact the developer and he did his best. But still not working. At this point I am attempting to uninstall it but I just get a white screen and nothing happens to uninstall it.

Thanks!

Offline Tony Chavarria

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2022, 08:50:27 AM »
I have hired Technical Support and their on the case.  ;)

Offline Tony Chavarria

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2022, 08:57:06 AM »
Update: The issue was resolved by technical support for a handsome price. But it involved removing the offending module which I paid for and am out what I paid. I have lost confidence in the platform to effectively integrate 3rd party modules and really hesitate to try anymore of them due to the risk of blowing up my current settings and configurations and repeatedly paying a technician to fix them. :-(

I say this having purchased over a dozen modules. Fortunately, I have found an affordable programmer I put into the budget when I want to try a new module which at this point is virtually nil due to the risk and additional expense.

I do like the basic platform and its potential but the old and sometimes new 3rd party modules and AbanteCart version incompatibilities make for a risky long term business investment. I will keep on with it as I have been using it since 2019 but now with much lower expectations of 3rd party modules. (which was part of the attraction to get me started).

Rant Over

T

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2022, 09:55:50 AM »
Update: The issue was resolved by technical support for a handsome price. But it involved removing the offending module which I paid for and am out what I paid.

Hello.
If the developer does not provide support for 3rd party extension you can ask for a refund.