Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: SEO url issue - updated  (Read 454 times)

Offline squinn

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 22
  • Karma: +2/-0
    • View Profile
SEO url issue - updated
« on: April 16, 2022, 08:22:18 AM »
I found a work around for the 412 error previously mentioned. It just didn't like it when there was a - (dash) in the title of the product, so I manually remove the dash in the seo keyword section of the admin product page. Usually I just let it self generate.

 However, now I've added products they keep going to THE PAGE YOU REQUESTED CANNOT BE FOUND! as the URL says this:

domainname.com.au/index.php?_route_=category-name/product-name 

It only works if I manually change the URL to read like the seo url should  domainname.com.au/product-name.

Or if I turn off SEO urls it all works fine, but I would rather have them working.

I have contacted my host, and they directed me to go back to the developer. I have also tried turning off mod-security and it doesn't appear to make a difference. 
I double checked the .htaccess, and it all appears good, when I compare it to the .htaccess in 1.2.16 ..
Are there other files I should check?

Could I have accidentally stuffed something up - I've changed a couple of minor details in a couple of .tpl files, and otherwise only changed things in the stylesheet.

The version of PHP I had was a bit low, I had it set at 7.1.  I've set it at 7.3 which is the minimum for 1.3.2 although I have higher options. Since the 1.2.16 site is working and hosted on the same account I am cautious about changing things the sites share.

As mentioned previously, the 1.2.16 version I use on a different domain has SEO urls working perfectly, with the same host. It also doesn't care if there is a dash in the title, I usually just use the 'generate seo' option for this reason.

I would love to get them working - not just for the SEO advantage, but because I think they look more professional.






« Last Edit: April 17, 2022, 06:26:51 AM by squinn »

Offline squinn

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 22
  • Karma: +2/-0
    • View Profile
Re: SEO url issue (new)
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2022, 06:26:13 AM »
Ok - So I reinstalled the entire script, deleted the original database and started off with a completely new install.

 v1.3.2

I didn't change the htaccess.txt or add the SSL thing at all, I just renamed it .htaccess

I turned on SEO Urls, and initially thought this had fixed it. They were appearing correctly domainname/categoryname

Until I added a product. Then the URL does this: domainname/categoryname/productname

and throws 'THE PAGE YOU REQUESTED CANNOT BE FOUND' error.

If I manually alter the URL to what it should be showing domainname/productname  it shows the product.

This time the only thing I did was change the stylesheet - and when I saw that error I put back the original stylesheet, but the error remains.



Offline llegrand

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1722
  • Karma: +499/-4
    • View Profile
Re: SEO url issue - updated
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2022, 10:43:11 AM »
just a suggestion - but you should update your php version.   Here is the link so you can see what versions are being supported by php  etc.

https://www.php.net/supported-versions.php


you can see that 7.3 is no longer having security issues released by php.

And v 1.3.2  runs well on php 8.0 in the dozens of installations we have.


Offline squinn

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 22
  • Karma: +2/-0
    • View Profile
Re: SEO url issue - updated
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2022, 11:51:12 AM »
Thanks for your reply. I updated to 8 on the new install.. I really need to keep up with the times, i don't tend to look at these things until something doesn't work.

Re; seo urls, I turned them off and was contemplating just living with it while I added products etc., to the site. I turned them on again after a few hours and they are working fine, and have continued to work well since.

Yay

 

Powered by SMFPacks Social Login Mod