Author Topic: SEO url issue - updated  (Read 2876 times)

Offline squinn

• View Profile
SEO url issue - updated
« on: April 16, 2022, 08:22:18 AM »
I found a work around for the 412 error previously mentioned. It just didn't like it when there was a - (dash) in the title of the product, so I manually remove the dash in the seo keyword section of the admin product page. Usually I just let it self generate.

However, now I've added products they keep going to THE PAGE YOU REQUESTED CANNOT BE FOUND! as the URL says this:

domainname.com.au/index.php?_route_=category-name/product-name 

It only works if I manually change the URL to read like the seo url should  domainname.com.au/product-name.

Or if I turn off SEO urls it all works fine, but I would rather have them working.

I have contacted my host, and they directed me to go back to the developer. I have also tried turning off mod-security and it doesn't appear to make a difference. 
I double checked the .htaccess, and it all appears good, when I compare it to the .htaccess in 1.2.16 ..
Are there other files I should check?

Could I have accidentally stuffed something up - I've changed a couple of minor details in a couple of .tpl files, and otherwise only changed things in the stylesheet.

The version of PHP I had was a bit low, I had it set at 7.1.  I've set it at 7.3 which is the minimum for 1.3.2 although I have higher options. Since the 1.2.16 site is working and hosted on the same account I am cautious about changing things the sites share.

As mentioned previously, the 1.2.16 version I use on a different domain has SEO urls working perfectly, with the same host. It also doesn't care if there is a dash in the title, I usually just use the 'generate seo' option for this reason.

I would love to get them working - not just for the SEO advantage, but because I think they look more professional.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2022, 06:26:51 AM by squinn »

Offline squinn

• View Profile
Re: SEO url issue (new)
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2022, 06:26:13 AM »
Ok - So I reinstalled the entire script, deleted the original database and started off with a completely new install.

v1.3.2

I didn't change the htaccess.txt or add the SSL thing at all, I just renamed it .htaccess

I turned on SEO Urls, and initially thought this had fixed it. They were appearing correctly domainname/categoryname

Until I added a product. Then the URL does this: domainname/categoryname/productname

and throws 'THE PAGE YOU REQUESTED CANNOT BE FOUND' error.

If I manually alter the URL to what it should be showing domainname/productname  it shows the product.

This time the only thing I did was change the stylesheet - and when I saw that error I put back the original stylesheet, but the error remains.

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
Re: SEO url issue - updated
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2022, 10:43:11 AM »
just a suggestion - but you should update your php version.   Here is the link so you can see what versions are being supported by php  etc.

https://www.php.net/supported-versions.php

you can see that 7.3 is no longer having security issues released by php.

And v 1.3.2  runs well on php 8.0 in the dozens of installations we have.

Offline squinn

• View Profile
Re: SEO url issue - updated
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2022, 11:51:12 AM »
Thanks for your reply. I updated to 8 on the new install.. I really need to keep up with the times, i don't tend to look at these things until something doesn't work.

Re; seo urls, I turned them off and was contemplating just living with it while I added products etc., to the site. I turned them on again after a few hours and they are working fine, and have continued to work well since.

Yay

Database Error

Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.