Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Cart v 1.3.3 Softaculous cloning and staging  (Read 2568 times)

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
Cart v 1.3.3 Softaculous cloning and staging
« on: August 18, 2022, 02:32:56 PM »
Did you make some type of changes to files or permissions  that causes Softaculous to not properly clone or stage v 1.3.3?

I can make a new installation of 1.3.3.  and it works correctly.
I clone that new installation and all the files are replicated,  except the config file  is empty.  So the cloned site will not open -  get
The requested URL was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I have checked the file permissions,  I have tested this on two of my servers,  and 4 different domains.  I have tested previous AbanteCart versions, 1.3.2,  1.3.1 etc  on the same servers and domains that 1.3.3.  is not correct -  and all previous cart versions clone correctly.
All installations and testing are running on php8.0.   Although we did test a couple on 7.4  with the same result.

I can copy the config file from the originating installation  into the cloned installation and it works.

What has changed in 1.3.3?  or what do I need to fix in 1.3.3  as we use cloning  and staging for testing before updating live sites.

thanks in advance for your assistance

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Cart v 1.3.3 Softaculous cloning and staging
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2022, 01:43:51 AM »
Hello.

We do not change the permissions for config.php only was added the example for new Mailer as a PHP code comment.

Offline yonghan79

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2022, 02:37:20 AM »
In that case can you please try to clone or create staging to see if it works?

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2022, 04:28:45 AM »
In that case can you please try to clone or create staging to see if it works?

Hello. We are not affiliated with the Softaculous service and have no control over how it works

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2022, 11:19:11 AM »
We are aware that you are not affiliated with Softaculous,  however you do add AbanteCart to Softaculous for installation.
Can you please take a relook at what you send to Softaculous for their installation app for AbanteCart 1.3.3?

Let me reiterate our testing:
two servers,   4 domain,  3 AbanteCart versions (1.3.1,  1.3.2, 1.3.3)
Results identical in all of the above testing.   ONLY AbanteCart v 1.3.3 using cloning or staging  fails to update the config file in 1.3.3 clone or staging in all the testing areas -  2 server, 4 domains,  etc.

Before contacting AbanteCart  I have consulted with our Server people and Softaculous  -  everything points to something within AbanteCart that is loaded into Softaculous.  Perhaps is it some oversight like has happened previously with the update files not checking and changing the prefix on the database (I think it was v 1.2.14)

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2022, 01:33:53 AM »
We are aware that you are not affiliated with Softaculous,  however you do add AbanteCart to Softaculous for installation.
Can you please take a relook at what you send to Softaculous for their installation app for AbanteCart 1.3.3?

Hello. We do not add AbanteCart to Softaculous and we do not send them anything. I believe they automatically grab the latest tag from the GitHub https://github.com/abantecart/abantecart-src/releases 

When the AbanteCart is installed the installation script fills the config.php file so the cloning process may fail on the Softaculous side due to new staff added to it. Unfortunately, we have no control on how Softaculous cloning or process files
« Last Edit: August 22, 2022, 01:36:58 AM by Basara »

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
Now fixed -Cart v 1.3.3 Softaculous cloning and staging
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2022, 11:53:57 AM »
Update to this issue,  which is now resolved.

I went back to Softaculous and they changed the cloning code in Softaculous for AbanteCart installations.  All works correctly now for cloning and staging.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Now fixed -Cart v 1.3.3 Softaculous cloning and staging
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2022, 02:03:53 AM »
Update to this issue,  which is now resolved.

I went back to Softaculous and they changed the cloning code in Softaculous for AbanteCart installations.  All works correctly now for cloning and staging.

Thank you llegrand!