Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Upgrading from 1.2.16 to 1.3.3  (Read 2708 times)

Offline squinn

• View Profile
Upgrading from 1.2.16 to 1.3.3
« on: November 11, 2022, 04:43:19 PM »
Recommendations on how to do this? I don't have a huge ecommerce site, so I'm considering (to avoid conflicts) it may be easier just to do a fresh install (but if anyone can tell me pressing the upgrade button will work smoothly I would do that). 

However, assuming a fresh install, I have the following queries:

I did a lot of editing to the stylesheet way back when I first built it. How different is the stylesheet in 1.3.3, because I noticed previous upgrades didn't change it much. Is it possible I can just replace it with my original, edited version?

Can I simply export my products and media and then import them straight to the 1.3.3 site? Ditto previous orders and customers.
I also have a couple of paid extensions. Since it's the same domain name, I'm assuming that would all be ok with a fresh install.

Also, does the new version have an easy way for uploading to Google Shopping and FB shopping? From what I've seen it doesn't have this option

Any help or opinions on the process is much appreciated.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Upgrading from 1.2.16 to 1.3.3
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2022, 01:43:22 AM »
Hello.
Read the docs about the upgrade https://abantecart.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AD/pages/4980799/AbanteCart+Upgrade

You can view and compare the changes in GitHub https://github.com/abantecart/abantecart-src/compare/1.2.16...1.3.3.0 or download the latest version and check the specific file

Make sure your extensions have an upgraded version to work with the latest AbanteCart.

Offline squinn

• View Profile
Re: Upgrading from 1.2.16 to 1.3.3
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2022, 02:45:59 AM »
Thank you  :)