Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Using the cart on an existing website  (Read 2049 times)

Offline CJ21

• View Profile
Using the cart on an existing website
« on: September 13, 2022, 07:48:18 AM »
I already have my website built on Hostinger with my products already on it.  I want to add a cart and the add to cart buttons to my current website, but am confused how to start with AbanteCart?? I downloaded the plugin on my dashboard but that just asks for the URL of a site with AbanteCart!  How do I create a cart and buttons that I can add to my website with html?

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Using the cart on an existing website
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2022, 09:40:15 AM »
Hello.

Install AbanteCart (in the subdomain to your website or in a subfolder like website.com/store/). If your hosting panel has Softaculous you can do this in a few clicks https://abantecart.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AD/pages/4161537/cPanel+Installation

When installed you can embed products from AbanteCart in your website pages https://abantecart.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AD/pages/5799960/Embed+Products+to+HTML

Offline CJ21

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2022, 12:25:30 PM »
Hi, thank you for your reply.  No it doesn't have Softaculous. So I need to create a subdomain, should I have a custom folder for the subdomain or keep it all as one? Then I download AbanteCart to the sub domain? I'm guessing then when I create the buttons I can just install them on my websites (I have two) using the html, is this correct?  Sorry for all the questions, this is a learning curve for me!

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2022, 01:33:12 AM »
Hello.

You need to create a new database in your Cpanel (database name, database user and password) before you start the installation