Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: How to embed products to an existing site  (Read 3137 times)

Offline CJ21

• View Profile
How to embed products to an existing site
« on: September 20, 2022, 08:16:36 AM »
I have my WordPress website with Hostinger, I have been using Shoprocket cart and buttons, but want to change to AbanteCart.  I've installed the AbanteCart on a sub domain, I've installed the plugin on my actual website settings, but I don't want to embed a whole store onto my website, I want to embed add to cart buttons for every product on my already built website with WordPress.  I can't see how to do this, only to embed a store!  I have tried installing the html of the products into the html widget on my site as I would with Shoprocket, but it doesn't work!  Could someone please help, I'm learning as I'm going with it all, but can't see how to get around this!

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: How to embed products to an existing site
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2022, 08:45:47 AM »
Hello.
Go to the product in the AbanteCart admin and click the Embed button. The modal with configuration will appear where you can disable image, price, etc and show only add to cart button. Copy the embedded code and insert as HTML
https://abantecart.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AD/pages/5799960/Embed+Products+to+HTML

Offline CJ21

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2022, 09:16:05 AM »
Hi, thank you for your reply.  That is what I've done, but the buttons are not showing!  I have wondered maybe it's because there isn't a cart on my website yet, could that be the problem? Also the code for the cart, is it just the html in step 2 to embed, or do I need to change anything? I've looked at the instructions on the link you sent, but am still confused about that.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2022, 09:30:20 AM »
Hello.
Check the video in the doc and share the page where you insert the code (add s p a c e s to URL if forum will not allow you to post)

Offline CJ21

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2022, 10:04:12 AM »
I have followed the video, added the subdomain where the store is to the Abantecart plugin, and installed button under my product on the page using html widget. The web page is h t t p s ://soxsupercomfycatharness.com/index.php/soxsupercomfycatharness/  and it's on the first product

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2022, 01:17:33 AM »
I have followed the video, added the subdomain where the store is to the Abantecart plugin, and installed button under my product on the page using html widget. The web page is h t t p s ://soxsupercomfycatharness.com/index.php/soxsupercomfycatharness/  and it's on the first product

Hello. Browser block request due to SLL issue. Check with your hosting support how to fix SSL in your subdomain

Offline CJ21

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2022, 01:06:20 PM »
That worked, thank you  :) One last question, sorry! how do I install the basket for customers to checkout?

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2022, 07:17:25 AM »
That worked, thank you  :) One last question, sorry! how do I install the basket for customers to checkout?

Hello. Click 'Add to cart' and basket will appear as floating icon

Offline CJ21

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2022, 12:41:04 PM »
Great, thank you for all your help  :)