Author Topic: Sort by size option  (Read 2049 times)

Offline cymru78

• View Profile
Sort by size option
« on: December 18, 2022, 10:48:28 AM »
Hi all
I could really do with being able setting up a column on my home page for visitors to search by size or other attributes as required.

My clothing website is slightly different to what might be considered normal because each item is unique so for example, each item is one size only (Medium - Large etc) See flauntitvintage.co.uk (or .com) to get the idea.

I've had a look through the extensions and settings and I can't find a way to do what I really need to do. At the moment, my visitors have to scroll through hundreds of products before finding what they need. It would be so much easier if they could just click 'Size Large'

This has to be the only major downside to Abantecart as far as I can tell.

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
Re: Sort by size option
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2022, 07:30:49 PM »
have you tried using the search box?  I just did using small  and large -  you have added those sizing into your product title (which is good)
and the search  brings up all of products that meet the search word.

You might want to change the language in the search box  or add a info box that suggests using the search

Additionally,  you don't seem to be using tags with in your products.  they can also add to the search results.

These are some immediate and no cost solutions for you.

there is https://marketplace.abantecart.com/elastic_search?keyword=search  in the MP  that will do what you want, you might look into it if the above is not enough for you.  This is not a free solution.

Offline cymru78

• View Profile
Re: Sort by size option
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2022, 05:33:28 AM »
Thanks for replying

I do realise the search function can also help, but I really would like to find a of having a column down the side of the home page.

I've already seen the extension that you have linked but it's a little bit too expensive for me at the moment and I also don't know much about the elasticsearch that it mentions needing to be installed