Author Topic: UPS Shipping  (Read 3763 times)

Offline papafrankc

• View Profile
UPS Shipping
« on: July 06, 2023, 02:04:07 AM »
Hi Everyone,

I'm having trouble activating the shipping module on my site. I noticed that it is asking for a Access Key & User Name & Password. For the Access Key it is asking for the XML Rates Access Key.  However when I go to UPS to get it, UPS says they don't use XML any more?  And what they were offering doesn't seem to match the options in the UPS Version 1.0.1 on my Abantecart.

Does anyone have any ideas about how to set up UPS shipping?

Thanks for your help
Frank

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: UPS Shipping
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2023, 04:43:13 AM »
Hello.
Have you registered a new account? The latest cart version has UPS extension 1.1.0

Offline papafrankc

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2023, 09:39:31 PM »
Basara,
Thanks for getting back to me.

I currenty have Abantecart ver 1.3.3 and it contains UPS ver 1.0.1

I was thinking that if there is a later UPS plugin version, maybe I should try to install the new one.

As you mentioned it does look like there is newer UPS version than what I have, but I'm not sure where to find it and/or am I able to install it?

Thanks
Frank

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2023, 05:25:16 AM »
Hello.
If you have 1.3.3 fresh installation (not upgraded) you have the latest UPS. I did try my old Access Key in UPS and it works.
Are you sure about "UPS says they don't use XML any more? " ? Could you please post a source of this info?

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2023, 02:24:32 PM »
papafrank,  I believe you are probably not in the correct place with UPS.   You do not use your regular UPS shipping account,

You need to get an API key from UPS. Go to the Developer Kit

https://www.ups.com/upsdeveloperkit?loc=en_US/

Once you have the developer account,  request an access key.  That is a  key for using the XML rate lookups.

Offline papafrankc

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2023, 08:44:47 PM »
LLegrand,

I think you may be correct.  I was trying to use my personal UPS account.  I'm in the process of setting up a new UPS account and I'll check out the developer kit.

I'll let you folks know how it goes.

Thanks for the help
Frank

Offline papafrankc

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2023, 11:59:59 PM »
I set up a new Business account with UPS.  i went to the Developer kit and can not find any instructions to obtain an XML code. I did find a 355 page developer manual.  WOW I don't even know where to start with that?

Here's the link to where UPS says they don't use XML codes, but now use something called oAuth.
https://www.ups.com/upsdeveloperkit?loc=en_US

The Abantecart version of UPS I have is 1.0.1 and it is asking me for an XML code.  So I at a loss of what to do.
I may try calling UPS tomorrow & see if I can get some help.

Thanks
Frank

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2023, 02:05:54 AM »
Interesting -  we are registered devs with them and didn't get a notification.   The existing keys are still working,  but seem no new keys being assigned.

We will update our extension and the new creds.  As soon as we get that done,  I will update this post as to how to get the correct ID etc.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2023, 02:08:27 AM by llegrand »

Offline papafrankc

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2023, 05:21:16 PM »
Thanks for looking into this.
Frank

Offline papafrankc

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2023, 03:42:45 PM »
Hegrand,

Have you made any progress on the UPS issue?  Any idea on when we might get the ability to use UPS?

Thanks
Frank

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2023, 06:47:44 AM »
Hello. UPS has introduced a new OAuth 2.0 security model that requires a client ID and client secret for authentication instead of access keys. This is a more secure and flexible way of accessing UPS services and APIs.
We are aware of this change and we are developing a new UPS extension that will be compatible with the new ups API, security model and AbanteCart 1.3.5. We expect to release the new extension in December. Thank you for your patience and understanding.