Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Support / subtract $special from $price
« Last post by garyfartsalot on Today at 10:07:21 AM »
I am trying to get the price difference between the $special variable and the $price variable in the product template file.
Every time it returns 0

see attachment for code.
Hi llegrand,

Welcome your suggestions always.  :)

Thanks & regards.
General Support / Re: Qty box only needed on certain products
« Last post by BDLG on July 22, 2021, 11:49:14 PM »
You can make qtty field as a hidden field with value of 1

Here is the template/line where it is shown
https://github.com/abantecart/abantecart-src/blob/47badf1f852a3cb2c35b5c978b4eb165766b578a/public_html/storefront/view/default/template/pages/product/product.tpl#L174

Here where you can change to hidden:
https://github.com/abantecart/abantecart-src/blob/47badf1f852a3cb2c35b5c978b4eb165766b578a/public_html/storefront/view/default/template/pages/product/product.tpl#L174

If you do not use extension/hook for this change, it can be wiped after next upgrade. Keep this in mind.

Did you mean to give me 2 of the same template line? Just wondering if you meant to send me link to another file to change
« Last post by BDLG on July 22, 2021, 06:48:10 PM »
Thank you so much for the information. I will try later tonight and post the outcome.
You are all wonderful!
« Last post by abantecart on July 22, 2021, 04:51:16 PM »
You can make qtty field as a hidden field with value of 1

Here is the template/line where it is shown

Here where you can change to hidden:

If you do not use extension/hook for this change, it can be wiped after next upgrade. Keep this in mind.

General Support / Re: Sort order of Featured Product page?
« Last post by masalachai on July 22, 2021, 12:19:44 PM »
Thanks again Basara for the reply.  I *think* I found the section storefront/model/catalog/product.php
As I suspected, the products are being sorted by date_available (line 773) so that's why the clones are going to the end of the page and the new entries to the top. Haven't figured out what the SQL is to change date_available to product_descriptions.name with all the joins going on, so if anybody knows, it'd be much appreciated. Thanks again!
« Last post by Basara on July 22, 2021, 03:42:21 AM »
Hello.
You have a very outdated version. Probably issue is already fixed in the latest version
« Last post by masalachai on July 22, 2021, 03:40:03 AM »
Thanks for the reply Basara! Sorry, I mispoke - I have the Featured Product checkbox checked for all our products so that they all show on the home page (114 total).  Right now they seem to be sorted by date entered, though if I clone a product, then those products go to the bottom of the page. Anyhow. Using v.1.2.9.  Would like them to be sorted alphabetically (just like the Products are listed in the Admin -> Catalog -> Products). Thanks again!
« Last post by Basara on July 22, 2021, 02:45:35 AM »
Hello.
AbanteCart does not have a Featured Product page. What is your AbanteCart version and URL of the page?
General Support / Qty box only needed on certain products
« Last post by BDLG on July 21, 2021, 07:00:47 PM »
Need opinion on best way to go about this.
I have different products with different needs for the QTY box (Shows on product page and in cart and is not a block that can just be hidden). For business cards I want them to select the qty from a select box (see attachment. By putting product price at 0 and making this list, the customer has to choose between 50, 100 and 250 cards and gives a specific price for that selection. This works perfectly.  But on these business card pages I do not want the other QTY box to show .

Now on other pages I want the default QTY box for things like Copies/prints and flyers because they can give me an exact qty that they need, and the price is per page.

How can I delete or hide the QTY box from some, but not all product pages. I don't know much about hooks but I could probably learn, unless there is any other suggestion on how to go about this.
I'd love your thoughts on this and if I need a hook, what should I look at to learn

Thanks in advance.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10