AbanteCart Community

eCommerce construction => Installation and Configuration => Configuration => Topic started by: ixl on November 14, 2025, 02:33:38 AM

Title: AC Version 1.4.3- DISCOUNT "SALE" ICON/TAG/TEXT
Post by: ixl on November 14, 2025, 02:33:38 AM
Hi,

Im using the default "Novator" theme.

I would like to know how I can amend the size of the "SALE" that is shown when an item has a discount applied, as I want to make it more prominent.

I found a separate "SALE.png" file but that appears to be not the same one.  (The difference is there is a > shaded at the end)

I have a feeling this is a text overlay thats coded somewhere, rather than an image.

Any thoughts and help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Title: Re: AC Version 1.4.3- DISCOUNT "SALE" ICON/TAG/TEXT
Post by: Basara on November 14, 2025, 02:52:44 AM
Hello.
You need to override CSS rule
.product-card .prod-badge {font-size: 20px;}
Title: Re: AC Version 1.4.3- DISCOUNT "SALE" ICON/TAG/TEXT
Post by: ixl on November 14, 2025, 08:23:05 AM
Quote from: Basara on November 14, 2025, 02:52:44 AMHello.
You need to override CSS rule
.product-card .prod-badge {font-size: 20px;}

Thank you for this.

Which CSS file would I apply that within, or is there a way to apply it via the ababte admin interface?

(I cannot see one )

There are however 5 CSS files. I assume the 4th one? ( but appending that code to it has not done anything, even after clearing the data. Unless there is another set of CSS files?


/storefront/view/default/css


bootstrap,embeded.css
embed.css
pay.css
sytle.css
template.debug.css

Thanks

Title: Re: AC Version 1.4.3- DISCOUNT "SALE" ICON/TAG/TEXT
Post by: Basara on November 14, 2025, 09:11:44 AM
Hello.
It looks like you're using the Novator theme. For Novator, you should add the rule into this file instead: /extensions/novator/storefront/view/novator/css/tm_style.css
Alternatively, if you prefer not to edit theme files directly, there are extensions on the marketplace that let you add custom CSS safely without modifying the template, useful if you want to keep things update-proof.
Title: Re: AC Version 1.4.3- DISCOUNT "SALE" ICON/TAG/TEXT
Post by: ixl on November 14, 2025, 10:57:04 AM
Quote from: Basara on November 14, 2025, 09:11:44 AMHello.
It looks like you're using the Novator theme. For Novator, you should add the rule into this file instead: /extensions/novator/storefront/view/novator/css/tm_style.css
Alternatively, if you prefer not to edit theme files directly, there are extensions on the marketplace that let you add custom CSS safely without modifying the template, useful if you want to keep things update-proof.

Hi

Yes thats correct, I did state that in my first post.

Thank you so much for the guidance, i'll give that a go.

Thanks again.
Title: Re: AC Version 1.4.3- DISCOUNT "SALE" ICON/TAG/TEXT
Post by: ixl on November 15, 2025, 03:07:18 AM
This worked perfectly... Thank you for your kind help.
Title: Re: AC Version 1.4.3- DISCOUNT "SALE" ICON/TAG/TEXT
Post by: ixl on September 26, 2026, 03:17:41 AM
Hi All.

Not wishing to hijack my own thread, but wondered if from this point, does anyone know who to change the wording from "SALE" to something else?

For example when items are on offer, I have managed to increase the word SALE as per this thread, but I now wanted to change or have the ability to set the wording to "SALE NOW ON" for example or "BARGAIN SALE"... ?

Any ideas would be helpful and appreciated.
Title: Re: AC Version 1.4.3- DISCOUNT "SALE" ICON/TAG/TEXT
Post by: Basara on September 28, 2026, 04:26:04 AM
Hello.
If you're using the latest version of AbanteCart, the "SALE" label can be changed in the admin language definitions using the key text_badge_sale.
Title: Re: AC Version 1.4.3- DISCOUNT "SALE" ICON/TAG/TEXT
Post by: ixl on October 01, 2026, 02:02:02 AM
Quote from: Basara on September 28, 2026, 04:26:04 AMHello.
If you're using the latest version of AbanteCart, the "SALE" label can be changed in the admin language definitions using the key text_badge_sale.
Brilliant, thank you Sir ;)