Do you like AbanteCart? Please rate AbanteCart or share your experience with other eCommerce entrepreneurs. Go to Softaculous rating page to add your rating or write a review

New Hosting Company, Different setup = Can't login to admin

Started by johnsma2000, September 29, 2026, 01:41:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnsma2000

New Hosting Company, Different setup = Can't login to admin.
I had a domain that was publicized acting as an invisible firewall. Now with the move to the new hosting company, that setup is gone, the original admin login page isn't there anymore and I don't know how to login to admin to fix it and update Abantecart.

My website is still running Abantecart and accepting orders. I just can't get into the admin pages to access those orders.

I was able to try logging in once but I think it was going to the wrong address to verify it. The old hosting company suspended my account so now the image below is the login page I can see. No Login or password are requested.

Abantecart website doesn't recognize my email to login with my email address so I had to create a new one. So I'm missing the correct account with my extension purchases history.

I can access the new hosting company files. But I don't know what to change to gain access to the admin dashboard.

How do I fix this?
Melissa



Basara

Hello,
Since you have access to the files on the new hosting account, you can find the unique admin key directly in your AbanteCart configuration file.
Open: system/config.php

and look for this line:
define('ADMIN_PATH', 'your_admin_key');

The value inside the quotes is your unique admin key.
For example, if you have:
define('ADMIN_PATH', 'mysecretadmin');

then you would access the admin login at: https://yourdomain.com/index.php?s=mysecretadmin

AbanteCart uses this unique key instead of a standard /admin/ URL for additional security. This is also covered in the documentation here:

https://abantecart.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AD/pages/3932161/Most+Common+Settings

Since the site was moved to a different hosting setup, if the correct admin URL still does not work, there could also be an issue with redirects, .htaccess, domain configuration, or the way the site was migrated.

If you are not comfortable troubleshooting the server/migration side yourself, there is always the option to ask a developer for help. For example, AbanteCart managed services are available here:

https://managed.abantecart.com/

They can help with migration and getting the store/admin access working correctly.

johnsma2000

I think there are 2 issues.
1. The Current Parent domain is different from the old parent domain; so the username is the old one. Can I change the old username to match the current username?
2. I still don't have anywhere to enter the username and password. I have the correct address in the address bar.
see picture.

Forum Rules Code of conduct
AbanteCart.com 2010 -
Powered by SMFPacks Social Login Mod